Thursday, April 24, 2008
MARC runs three lines: Brunswick, Camden and Penn. All three go to Union Station in the District. The Brunswick Line runs to Martinsburg, W.Va.; the Camden Line runs to Camden Station in downtown Baltimore; and the Penn Line runs to Perryville, Md., in Cecil County. MARC trains run weekdays with varying service, from 4:40 a.m. to 11:40 p.m.
For information about stations, schedules, fares and parking, go to http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc or call 410-539-5000 or 866-RIDE-MTA (743-3682). For comments, complaints or commendations, call 410-333-2354.
VIRGINIA RAILWAY EXPRESS
VRE operates trains weekdays between Union Station in the District and the Broad Run/Airport station on the Manassas line and between Union Station and the Fredericksburg station on the Fredericksburg line.
For information, call 703-684-1001 or go to http://www.vre.org.
For late train information, holiday schedules, comments or suggestions, you can reach the VRE automated phone system anytime at 703-684-0400 or 800-RIDE-VRE (743-3873).
Five ticket options exist:
· Monthly (unlimited rides in a calendar month).
· 10-trip (10 single trips or a week's worth of round trips, but they don't have to be used consecutively).
· Five-day pass (five consecutive VRE service days).
· Single-ride (a single, one-way ride).
· A special Transit Link Card ticket that offers unlimited VRE and Metro use for a calendar month.
Discounts are available for seniors and riders who are disabled or age 21 or younger.
Schedule information is at http://www.vre.org/service/schedule.htm.
To request a pocket schedule by mail, go to http://www.vre.org/feedback/pocketform.php.