Download the Complete Contents of the Post Hunt Issue
Submit Your Photos
Please verirfy that your e-mail address is correct. Your e-mail will not be publicly available, but may be used by editors to contact you in the future regarding your photo.
Are you ready for the 2008 Post Hunt? Join us on May 18, 2008 at 12 noon in Washington, D.C.'s Penn Quarter neighborhood to play this gigantic, challenging, fun and family-friendly game.
To play the game, you'll need to bring a complete copy of the May 18, 2008 issue of the Washington Post Magazine with you. Pick one up at your local newsstand, get one at the event or download a complete PDF version here:
May 18, 2008 Issue of the Washington Post Magazine (PDF, 15.6 MB)
POST HUNT: THE ESSENTIAL INFO
1. Answer the five Opening Questions on Page 19. Familiarize yourself with the rest of the Magazine.
2. Dig up some people to hunt with you -- family members or friends -- and head downtown.
3. Before noon, arrive at the Hunt Stage near 10th and H streets NW (located at coordinates 10-XII on the Hunt Map on Pages 24 and 25). At noon, we will make an announcement from the stage that, combined with the answers to the Opening Questions on Page 19, will give you the map coordinates for the initial locations of the five Puzzles.
4. Visit the Puzzle sites in any order you wish. The solutions to each will be a number. Each number will correspond to the number of one of the clues on the Clue Pages, 20 and 22. These five clues will be essential to solving the Hunt.
5. Gather by the Hunt Stage at 3 p.m. The Final Clue will be announced from the stage. Use the Final Clue, along with the five clues you already have, to figure out what you need to do to win.
6. After the Final Clue is announced, either solve the Hunt, or decide that you can't solve it and relax around the stage area until we present the Hunt winners and all the solutions.
For more about the Hunt, click here.
To play our Virtual Hunt practice game, click here.