Did You Know...
- 17 percent of U.S. adolescents ages 12 to 19 are overweight.
- 35 percent of high school students are physcially active at least an hour a day, weekdays.
- 48 percent of high school students have had sexual intercourse.
- One out of three girls in the United States get pregnant before age 20.
- 25 percent of high school students use computers three or more hours a day on non-school homework.
- 38 percent of high school students have used marijuana.
- 4, 600 young people (ages 10 to 24) commit suicide each year.
- 23 percent of U.S. high school students smoke.
- 4 million teens contract a sexually transmitted disease each year.
- 11 percent of high school students never or rarely wear a seat belt when riding in a car driven by others.
- 4 percent of high schol students have used methamphetamines.
- 65 percent of high school students do not get enough exercise.
- 3.5 million people ages 12 to 20 meet the criteria for having an alcohol use disorder.
- 8 percent of high school students have been physically forced to have sexual intercourse.
-- Compiled by Brittney Johnson