Planet-Friendly Buys for a Home Away From Home
1. Eco-fabric shoe bag made partially from recycled water bottles, $29.99 at the Container Store and http:/
2. Garment rack made of renewable, sustainable bamboo, $129 at the Container Store and http:/
3. Bialetti Green Planet frying pan made of 50 percent recycled aluminum, with harvested bamboo handle, $29.99 at Home Rule (1807 14th St. NW).
4. Smencils, scented pencils made of recycled newspapers, $59.99 for a bucket of 50 at Target and http:/
5. GE four-cup coffee maker engineered to reduce energy use (with biodegradable packaging), $10 at Wal-Mart and http:/
6. Round storage barrel, $80, and rectangular storage basket, $60, made of scraps from flip-flop factories, at Hoopla EcoBoutique (2314 18th St. NW).