What's the Deal?
· Sandals Resorts has a Fly Free Promotion, with air credits of $350 to $550 per person for travelers who book a minimum three-night stay at one of the all-inclusive Caribbean properties . Also, stay for at least six nights and receive a room discount of up to 35 percent and one free night, or book a top-category suite for at least seven nights and get two free nights and a discount of up to 30 percent. Air credit amount varies by island: $350 for Jamaica and the Bahamas, $450 for St. Lucia and $550 for Antigua. Prices vary by resort. For example, a six-night vacation at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios in Jamaica starts at $1,575 per couple after $350 air rebate, free night and 35 percent discount. Book by Sept. 2 and travel by Dec. 20, 2009 (some holiday blackout dates apply). Info: 800-726-3257, http:/
· Children17 and younger receive free admission to historical sites in Pennsylvania this month. The Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission is offering the deal at 24 museums, historic parks, battlefields and historic homes. All children accompanying at least one paying adult are free. Special events are not included. Kids' admission rates normally range from $2 to $7. For example, an adult and three children visiting Landis Valley Museum in Lancaster pay $10; usual price is $31. Info: 717-787-3362, http:/
· The Regent Bal Harbour, a beachfront resort just north of Miami Beach , is offering introductory rates through Sept. 30. Nightly rate starts at $295 (plus $32 taxes); rate will go to $475 in October. The 124-room property, which opened in March, features a $4 million art collection and a Le Cordon Bleu-affiliated restaurant. Info: 888-201-1806, http:/
· Offshore Sailing School has discounts on its Learn to Sail course at Chelsea Piers in New York City or Liberty Landing Marina in Jersey City, N.J . Singles save $300; tuition is now $695 for the three-day course. Or bring a friend, and each person pays $595, a savings of $400. Each day of instruction includes a 90-minute classroom discussion and demonstration followed by six hours of on-water learning. Sign up by Aug. 30, and complete the course by Oct. 31. Info: 800-221-4326, http:/
· Moment's Notice Travel has last-minute deals on Greek Island cruises departing from Piraeus, Greece, in August. Deal applies to packages that include one night's lodging at the four-star Kaningos 21 Hotel in Athens and a three- or four-night cruise aboard Monarch Line's Ocean Countess. Price starts at $352 per person double, including port charges and fuel surcharge. Priced separately, package would cost $940 per person. Info: 888-241-3366, http:/
· Take a luxury Alaskan cruise with Regent Seven Seas and receive an airfare credit of $500 per person . Deal applies to several sailings in August and September. For example, after discount, cruise-only price starts at $3,595 per person double (plus $429 port charges, taxes and fuel surcharge) for a seven-night cruise aboard the Seven Seas Mariner departing Vancouver, B.C., on Sept. 3. Info: 877-505-5370, http:/
· Lufthansa has sale fares to Europe for fall and winter travel. Prices vary by destination. Round-trip fare on nonstop flights from Washington Dulles to Frankfurt, for example, is $585 , including taxes. Other airlines are matching in some markets. Depart Oct. 27-March 25 (blackout dates are Dec. 12-24); return by April 24. Lowest prices apply to midweek travel. Purchase by Aug. 20 at http:/
· Fly Delta from Washington Dulles or BWI to Honolulu starting at $754 round trip , including taxes. The sale applies to travel through Nov. 19. A 21-day advance purchase is required; sale does not apply to Saturday flights. Other airlines are matching, but fare typically starts at $882 round trip. Book by Aug. 22 at http:/
· Austrian Airlines has released its Winter City Steals packages to Vienna, Prague or Budapest starting at $879 per person double, plus taxes. Pricing varies by city and hotel. For example, the Vienna package, which includes round-trip air from Dulles and three nights at the Hotel Savoy Garni, starts at $992, including taxes; priced separately, the package would start at $1,231. Pricing applies to stays Nov. 1-Dec. 10 and Jan. 4-March 25. Info: 800-790-4682, http:/
· TourCrafters is offering discounted packages to Rome for fall and winter travel. Price starts at $1,072 per person double, including taxes, for round-trip airfare from Washington, four nights' lodging at the three-star Hotel Brasile, buffet breakfasts and a 20 percent discount coupon for city tours. Priced separately, package would cost $1,273. Hotel Brasile pricing is valid Nov. 15-March 15, with holiday blackout dates. Upgraded hotels are also available Nov. 1-March 31. Info: 800-482-5995, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.