What's the Deal?
· Two Radisson resorts in St. Martin and Aruba are offering Early Winter Sale rates. Nightly rate in St. Martin starts at $384 (plus $19 taxes and fees), a savings of $111; rate in Aruba starts at $359 (plus $79 taxes and fees), a savings of $190. Book by Sept. 30 and travel Jan. 4-April 18; blackout dates apply. Info: 800-333-3333, http:/
· Astra Apartments & Suites on the Greek island of Santorini is offering a fourth night free on stays in October. The Fall in Love at Astra deal starts at $275 a night for a standard apartment, a savings of $92 per night; daily breakfast is included. Info: 011-30-2286-02-3641, http:/
· Visiting a friend in the United Kingdom? Receive a 25 percent discount on BritRail passes when you buy one for yourself and one for a Britain-based traveling companion. For example, a four-day BritRail Consecutive Pass, good for travel throughout the United Kingdom, starts at $194 with the Guest Pass promo; usual price is $259. Purchase by Dec. 31 and use within six months. Info: 866-274-8724, http:/
· Book a 2009 Orient Lines cruise and receive free airfare and free select shore excursions. For example, a 10-night cruise from Port Said, Egypt, to Istanbul departing from Washington on April 28 starts at $2,999 per person double plus $410 port charges and fuel surcharges. (Transfers are an extra $150 per person.) Taxes on flights from Dulles to Cairo, with return from Istanbul, are $362 per person (fare priced separately would cost at least $1,218). Value of shore excursions is $500. Deadline to book is Oct. 15. Info: 800-333-7300, http:/
· Expedition Trips has two-for-one pricing on a two-week Polynesian Paradise trip departing Oct. 24. Deal includes a 12-night cruise of Tahiti and Bora Bora on the Clipper Odyssey and two nights' hotel stay. Post-discount price starts at $7,395 per couple, plus $480 fuel surcharge. Info: 877-412-8527, http:/
· Book a 2009 Belize cruise with American Canadian Caribbean Line by Dec. 31 and save 15 percent. Cruises from Belize, which operate January-March, start at $2,588 per person double after discount. Also, for Belize sailings, bring a friend who has never sailed with the line and receive a $500-per-cabin discount when two cabins are booked on the same itinerary. A 15 percent discount is also being offered on all 2009 cruises aboard the line's Niagara Prince, which operates in North America. Info: 800-556-7450, http:/
· Midwest Airlines has sale fares from Reagan National to Milwaukee. Round-trip fare is $238, including taxes; other airlines are matching. Travel by Feb. 11. Advance purchase of 14 days required; other restrictions apply. Book by Sept. 2 at http:/
· Lan Airlines is offering a sale of $649 round trip, including taxes, from Reagan National to Lima, Peru. Complete travel by Nov. 30. Seven-day advance purchase required. Other airlines are matching; fare is typically $753. Purchase by Sept. 15 at http:/
· Children ages 2-11 fly, stay and eat free with a deal from Air Tahiti Nui. The Family Fun package costs $1,998 per adult (plus $97 taxes); one child per adult pays taxes only. The deal includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Papeete, Tahiti, five nights at the Le Meridien Tahiti and transfers. Priced separately, airfare would cost $4,872 for a family of four, and the hotel $1,491, for a savings of $1,979. Book by Dec. 31, and travel November-May. Info: 866-456-6000, http:/
· An Extensive African Tour to Egypt and Kenya from Foreign Independent Tours starts at $4,084 per person double for the Nov. 7 departure. (Other dates are available at higher prices.) The trip includes round-trip air from Dulles to Cairo; round-trip air from Cairo to Nairobi; four nights' hotel in Egypt; seven nights' lodging in Kenya; a three-night Nile River cruise; 29 meals; tour guides; transfers; and seven game drives. Priced separately, air, cruise and hotel alone would cost about the same. Info: 800-248-3487, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.