A sampling of the 14 earmarks, totaling $26.9 million, directed to the city of Wasilla from 2000 through 2003. Sarah Palin was mayor from 1996 to 2002.
· $1.9 million for the Wasilla Intermodal Transit Project, to realign rail and bus routes to increase use of public transit in the region.
· $500,000 for Kids Are People Inc., an emergency shelter for youths transitioning out of juvenile detention facilities.
· $15 million for a rail project to connect Wasilla with Girdwood, the home town of Sen. Ted Stevens (R).
· $1.75 million to upgrade emergency communications between authorities at the Wasilla dispatch center.
· $600,000 to upgrade bus stations.
· $900,000 to upgrade water and sewer facilities.
SOURCE: Taxpayers for Common Sense