What's the Deal?
· The Fairmont Heritage Place Franz Klammer Lodge in Telluride, Colo., is offering a third night free for stays through Oct. 18. Rate starts at $500 for three nights, plus 12.4 percent taxes. The package also includes free transfers between hotel and airport in Montrose or Telluride. Request code PRTNF1. The resort, in the San Juan Mountains, offers horseback riding and hiking. Info: 888-728-0355, http:/
· Book a room at the Reef Resort on Grand Cayman Island for January travel by Sept. 30 and receive a 25 percent discount; after-discount rate starts at $225 per night plus 10 percent taxes. A discount of 15 percent applies to stays Feb. 1-April 10; rate starts at $255. A three-night minimum stay is required, and full payment is required at time of booking. The 152-unit resort is on the island's east end and features a dive shop. Info: 888-232-0541, http:/
· Traverse City, Mich., is offering a Fab Fall deal that includes discounts on lodging, food, casino play, shopping and spa services. For example, weekend rate at the Great Wolf Lodge, which usually starts at $280 double, is $150 through Oct. 11 (weekday rate, typically $170, starts at $115); weekends Oct. 12-Dec. 11, usually $250 per night for two, are $105 (weekdays are $90, a savings of $60). Taxes of 8 percent are extra. More than 20 other properties are participating, with rates starting at $50 per night. Also, get a 25 percent discount on the entire bill at six participating restaurants, including the North Peak Brewing Co. Package must be booked by calling 800-872-8377. Details: http:/
· Ecruises.com is offering discounted rates on Caribbean sailings aboard Cunard's Queen Mary 2. A 15-night cruise round trip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., for example, departing Dec. 19, starts at $1,873 per person double (plus $99 fees, $126 fuel surcharge and $165 dining charge), a savings of $1,327 per person; the ship stops in nine ports, including Barbados and St. Thomas. Details: 800-223-6868, http:/
· Deilmann Cruises is marking the 250th anniversary of Handel's death with a Baroque Music Festival cruise May 21-June 3 round trip from Hamburg, Germany. The cruise, which stops in England, Scotland, Ireland and Belgium, starts at $5,965 per person double plus $130 fuel surcharge. For a $99 add-on (plus $435 taxes), passengers receive round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles and shore excursions. Priced separately, airfare would cost $1,062 and the excursions $725. Info: 800-348-8287, http:/
· France Vacations has two-for-one pricing on several October river cruises in France. For example, a six-night cruise aboard the 20-passenger Libellule on the River Saone, from the village of St. Jean de Losne near Dijon to Lyon, starts at $2,215 per couple for departures Oct. 4 or 25; the price includes sightseeing and wine with meals. Availability is limited. Info: 800-332-5332, http:/
· AirTran has extended its systemwide sale. Purchase by Sept. 16 for travel through Jan. 28. One-way fares from BWI range from $64 to $169, plus taxes; from Dulles or Reagan National, fares range from $69 to $169 each way. For example, round-trip fare from BWI to Boston is $149, including taxes. Other airlines are matching in some markets. Ten-day advance purchase required; best fares are for Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday flights. Holiday blackout dates apply. Buy at http:/