What's the Deal?
· G.A.P. Adventures is offering discounts on select departures in October and November. For example, a South Africa Coastal Experience tour departing Nov. 22 is $1,016 per person double, a savings of $179; the escorted trip from Durban to Cape Town includes land transport, 11 nights' accommodations, six meals, a game drive, wine tasting and tour guides. Other discounted trips include Roam Laos, an 11-night tour departing Nov. 26, priced at $826 per person double ($119 savings), and a 14-night Tigers and Wildlife Adventure tour of India departing Nov. 3, $1,026 per person double ($139 savings). Airfare is extra. Details: 800-708-7761, http:/
· Marley Resort & Spa on Cable Beach in Nassau, Bahamas, is offering rooms for $250 a night double through Nov. 15, a savings of $200. Taxes and resort fees are an extra 22 percent. The Autumn Exodus promotion, which includes breakfast, must be booked by Oct. 15. The 16-suite resort, owned by Rita Marley, widow of reggae artist Bob Marley, and operated by their daughter, Stephanie, features a gallery about Bob Marley's life and music. Info: 242-702-2800, http:/
· I Love NY, New York state's tourism promotion agency, has partnered with more than 100 lodging properties to offer Fall Getaway packages. For example, the Lake Placid Summit Hotel (800-790-8452, http:/
· Royal Caribbean has discounted fares on the Nov. 20 sailing of the 2,446 passenger Enchantment of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale. The four-night Western Caribbean cruise starts at $219 per person double, plus $119 fuel surcharge and taxes, for an interior cabin; brochure rate was $349. Ship stops in Key West, Fla., and Cozumel, Mexico. Info: 866-562-7625, http:/
· Hurtigruten is offering two-for-one pricing on fall Norwegian Coastal Voyages. For the 11-night sailings, which travel round trip from Bergen, Norway, cost starts at $2,299 per couple after discount. For the five-night Kirkenes, Norway, to Bergen itinerary, price starts at $1,299 per couple; six-night reverse itinerary starts at $1,599 per couple. Fuel surcharge of $14 per day per person applies to both passengers. Book by Nov. 30, and travel Oct. 1-Dec. 14. Info: 800-323-7436, http:/
· Seabourn has discounted its summer 200912-night Scandinavian Capitals & Russia cruises on Seabourn Pride by 40 percent. The cruise, which travels round trip from Copenhagen, starts at $7,176 per person double, plus $207 fuel surcharge and taxes, a savings of $4,784. Four departures are offered June-August. Itinerary includes stops in St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm. Info: 800-929-9391, http:/
· Air Jamaica has sale fares from BWI to the Caribbean. Round-trip fare to Curacao, for example, is $530, including taxes; fare typically starts at $648. Book by Sept. 30, and travel by Dec. 12. Three-day advance purchase required. Info: 800-523-5585, http:/
· American is offering introductory fares of $850 round trip, plus taxes, on new service to the Brazilian cities of Recife, Salvador and Belo Horizonte. Round-trip fare from Reagan National to Salvador, for example, is $954, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $1,160. Available dates vary by destination, but sale generally applies to travel from early November through May, with lengthy blackout periods December-February. Purchase by Dec. 2 at http:/
· Book a round-trip flight to the United Kingdom on British Airways and receive free hotel. Single travelers receive one free night, and couples get two free nights. For example, a couple traveling between Dulles and London on an overnight flight Friday and returning Monday pay $1,285 for round-trip airfare, including taxes (price is $20 extra per person if you are not registered at http:/
· 2Afrika Inc. has a Kenya Special for departures Oct. 1-Nov. 30. Price is $2,899 per adult double, plus $295 taxes. Trip includes round-trip airfare from Washington to Nairobi, one night's lodging in Nairobi hotel, five nights' accommodations in national park lodges, overland transportation, 16 meals, eight safari game-viewing drives and national park entrance fees. Priced separately, package would cost about $310 more per person. Info: 866-462-2374, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.