· An incorrect photograph accompanied an Oct. 20 A-section article about a U.S. House race in Minnesota. The photo was not of state Rep. Erik Paulsen (R), as the caption stated, but of Alabama state Rep. Jay Love (R). Paulsen is shown here.
· An Oct. 20 A-section article incorrectly said that in 1991, linking disease outbreaks to epidemics was a new idea. The article should have said that linking epidemics to climate change was a new idea.
· An old photograph was mistakenly published in the Oct. 20 Style section with a Reliable Source item about Saturday's National Italian American Foundation gala. The photo of the late Jack Valenti with Mel Brooks and Alan Alda was from the 2006 gala.
· An Oct. 19 A-section article about U.S.-Bolivia trade incorrectly said President Bush signed a law that suspended trade preferences for Bolivia. Bush signed the Andean Trade Preference Act, which includes Bolivia as a beneficiary country. At the signing ceremony, Bush reiterated his intention to suspend Bolivia as a beneficiary.
· An Oct. 19 Metro article about Sen. John McCain's campaign visit to Prince William County misspelled the name of state Del. Christopher B. Saxman (R-Staunton).