It's All Come Down to This. Yes, a Quiz . . .
It's been a long campaign. Remember when people were waiting breathlessly for Fred Thompson to enter the GOP race? When Joe Biden was a candidate for the other spot on the Democratic ticket? When John Edwards got that haircut? Dennis Kucinich? Duncan Hunter?
If you've truly been following along, this trivia quiz about the longest, most expensive presidential campaign in history should be a snap. If not, perhaps it will bring back some memories.
No Googling. (Answers below.)
1. Malia and Sasha Obama have been promised what after the campaign is over?
(a) Bowling lessons with Dad.
(b) Unlimited White House conference calls with their friends.
(c) A year's supply of green tea ice cream.
(d) A dog.
2. Name the five Palin children, from oldest to youngest.
3. When he was the bass-playing governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee pardoned which of his old rock-and-roll heroes for a traffic offense?
4. What is Joe the Plumber's first name? What is his last name?
5. Which celebrity is responsible for unraveling Hillary Clinton's claim that she was threatened by sniper fire during what she initially described as a harrowing trip to Bosnia in 1996?
6. Who is responsible for the Obama "Hope" posters in wide circulation across the country?
7. "Drill, baby, drill" became a the favorite chant at John McCain's rallies, but neither McCain nor Sarah Palin was responsible for starting it. Who was the first to use it, in a speech at the Republican National Convention?
8. Before Super Tuesday, Mitt Romney, sensing movement in the polls, conducted a 48-hour campaign blitz through Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma, California and West Virginia. Which of those states did he win?
9. In New Hampshire, on the cusp of success, Barack Obama told Hillary Clinton that she was _____ enough.
10. Who designed the black-and-white leaf-print dress that Michelle Obama wore when she co-hosted "The View," setting off a scramble by women to find replicas?
11. When asked to say something positive and then negative about the candidate to their left, which Democrat candidate joked that he didn't like Hillary Clinton's jacket?
12. Obama ended one of the campaign's most pivotal weeks by doing what in an Indiana driveway?
13. What was Obama's score during a bowling trip with Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania?
14. Who is Amber Lee Ettinger?
15. What is John McCain's not-so-secret recipe for barbecued ribs?
16. When was the last time Republicans won the presidency without a Bush or Nixon on the ticket?
17. When was the last time either party held 60 or more seats in the Senate? Who were the majority and minority leaders?
18. How many national polls have been conducted since McCain held a three-point lead over Obama on Sept. 15?
19. Which Republican presidential candidate raised the most money in the fourth quarter of 2007?
20. Which three presidential candidates professed to believe in the existence of the nonexistent "NAFTA superhighway"?
21. Finish this favorite McCain statement: "It's always darkest . . ."