Sunday, November 30, 2008
· On Dec. 6 and 7, ski free at the Hidden Valley Four Seasons Resort in Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands. On Dec. 6-19, the resort is also offering free 90-minute group ski or snowboard lessons to guests age 7 and older. Lift tickets usually cost $15 through Dec. 23, and lessons are typically $24. Lodging is also available; rooms start at $120 a night on weekends (plus 9 percent tax). Info: 814-443-8000, http://www.hiddenvalleyresort.com.
· Pay for three nights on select accommodations at the Turks & Caicos Club, on the island of Providenciales, and receive the fourth night free. Rates start at $595 a night double for a one-bedroom oceanfront suite, plus 20 percent taxes and service fees. Book by Dec. 15, and travel through Jan. 31. Blackout dates are Dec. 25-Jan. 4. Deal includes daily breakfast and airport transfers. Info: 888-482-2582, http://www.turksandcaicosclub.com.
· The Ka'anapali Beach Hotel on Maui has a Rooms, Wheels and Meals package for travel Jan. 1-May 31. The deal includes accommodations in a partial oceanview room, breakfasts and compact rental car. Cost for two is $245 a night, plus 11.4 percent taxes, $8 car taxes per day and $9 daily parking fee. Priced separately, room with breakfast is usually $265 (plus taxes) and car is $40 a day. Info: 800-262-8450, http://www.kbhmaui.com.SEA
· Book any four- or seven-night Disney cruise by Dec. 15 for travel Jan. 31-March 8 or March 21-28 and receive a three-night cruise to the Bahamas for $99 a person, plus taxes. For example, a family of four pays $2,894 (including taxes and fees) for a deluxe cabin with a veranda on a four-day Bahamas cruise departing Feb. 8; the bonus cruise in the same cabin category costs $612 for four, including taxes -- a savings of $1,460. Second cruise must be booked April 6-May 30 and taken Aug. 13-Dec. 17. Only one person from the original group needs to sail on the second voyage. Info: 888-325-2500, http://www.disneycruise.com/99 (use booking code FBO).
· Abercrombie & Kent is offering buy-one-get-one-free deals on several of its Clipper Odyssey South Seas itineraries. For example, a 14-night Voyage to Micronesia cruise departing Cairns, Australia, on April 11 starts at $8,495 (including taxes) for the first passenger and is free for the companion. Book by Dec. 31. Info: 800-554-7094, http://www.abercrombiekent.com.AIR
· Southwest has winter sale fares for travel Dec. 12-Feb. 28. For example, round-trip fare from BWI to Salt Lake City is $240, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $290. Cheapest fares apply to Monday-Thursday travel; some dates are sold out. Sale does not apply to Washington Dulles. Book by Dec. 4 on http://www.southwest.com.
· Lufthansa is offering holiday sale fares on its business-class service from New York to Frankfurt, Germany. Round-trip fare is $1,592, including taxes, for travel departing Dec. 20-Jan. 2 and returning Dec. 25-Jan. 9. Best fares apply to midweek flights. Other airlines are matching, but fare typically starts at about $3,000. Buy at http://www.lufthansa.com by Dec. 26; seven-day advance purchase required.PACKAGE
· Spend six nights on Sao Miguel in the Azore islands for $959 per person double, including $250 taxes and fuel surcharges. The Azores Express deal includes nonstop, round-trip flights from Boston to Ponta Delgada, six nights at the Hotel Ponta Delgada and breakfasts. Travel through June 15; savings are highest for spring travel. Priced separately, the package in May and June would cost about $1,199. Info: 800-762-9995, http://www.sata.pt.
· Book a package to the Australian Outback with Qantas Vacations and receive a discounted airpass. When paired with an Outback package of at least three nights, the Outback Airpass (which includes flight from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Australia, plus three flights within Australia) costs $1,199 per person, a savings of $200. Airpass taxes are an extra $150 to $200, depending on itinerary. Package prices vary: For example, a five-night Outback to the Ocean trip, including lodging in Alice Springs, Ayers Rock and Cairns, land transport and sightseeing tours, starts at $929 per person double for travel Jan. 7-Feb. 28. Book by Dec. 31. Info: 800-641-8772, http://www.qantasvacations.com/outback.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Tuesday afternoon. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.