Addresses and Visitors Information
Museums by Candlelight is Saturday, noon-7 p.m., at various locations in Frederick County. Call 800-999-3613 or visit http:/
1. Girl Scouts will sing Christmas carols at the Monocacy National Battlefield Visitor Center, which features multimedia exhibits.
Monocacy National Battlefield Visitor Center, 5201 Urbana Pike, Frederick, 301-662-3515, http:/
2. Build gingerbread houses at Gambrill Mansion, a Second Empire Victorian home constructed in 1872.
Gambrill Mansion, 4801A Urbana Pike, Frederick, 301-662-3515, http:/
3. "Star-Spangled Banner" author Francis Scott Key is interred at Mount Olivet Cemetery, home to the Key Memorial Chapel, where items recovered from a century-old time capsule will be displayed.
Key Memorial Chapel at Mount Olivet Cemetery, 515 S. Market St., Frederick, 888-662-1164, http:/
4. The Maryland School for the Deaf will take visitors to the on-campus Hessian Barracks, once inhabited by German soldiers in the employ of the British crown.
Maryland School for the Deaf, 101 Clarke Pl., Frederick, 301-360-2000, http:/
5. Guests at the Roger Brooke Taney House (1798) will be serenaded by Tasker's Chance, a three-piece group that stars a hammered
Roger Brooke Taney House, 121 S. Bentz St., Frederick, 301-663-7880, http:/