Smells Like Pork?
Here are some of the programs state and local officials have targeted for funding in the Obama stimulus plan that are being criticized by some congressional Republicans:
· $4.8 million for a polar bear exhibit in Rhode Island.
· $100 million to redevelop land for a casino in Philadelphia.
· $13 million in improvements in Las Vegas, much of it for a pedestrian bridge at the Tropicana hotel-casino.
· A yet-to-be-determined amount for a proposed $50 million museum in Las Vegas devoted to organized crime.
· $6 million for snow-making and maintenance facilities at Spirit Mountain, Minn.