MARDI GRAS BALL, hosted by Civista Health Foundation, with the theme "Disco Inferno." Proceeds support the foundation. Heavy hors d'oeuvres, open bar, live music. Black tie or 1970s attire. Advance reservations required. 8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Feb. 21. Middleton Hall, 4045 Renner Rd., Waldorf. $125 before Wednesday, $150 after. For information, visit http:/
LOW-COST PRIMARY CARE IN ST. MARY'S, St. Mary's Hospital Health Connections has started Get Connected to Health, a low-cost primary-care service for uninsured county residents. It will be 1-5 p.m. Mondays in the Health Connections Mobile Outreach Center at Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park. No appointment needed. $15 each visit. 301-475-6019.
FAMILY PLANNING CLINIC HOURS, St. Mary's Health Department is expanding hours for its Family Planning and Reproductive Health Clinic to serve walk-in clients who need screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases. First-come, first-served. 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Free. 301-475-4419.
· Sponsored by Civista Medical Center and La Plata United Methodist Church. 2-8 p.m. Feb. 23, 3 Port Tobacco Rd., La Plata. 800-448-3543.
· Sponsored by the American Red Cross and Second District Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad. 2-7:30 p.m. Feb. 16, Valley Lee. 301-994-1543.
MALL WALKERS, supervised, all-weather walking with free blood-pressure monitoring. 7:30-9:30 a.m. weekdays, St. Charles Towne Center, Waldorf. Free. 301-877-5700.
WOMEN'S HEALTH-RESOURCE LINE, offered by Calvert Memorial Hospital to answer questions about its women's services. 410-414-4569.
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES, Calvert County Mental Health Clinic is operated at the Twin Beaches Community Health Center, 8924 Chesapeake Ave., North Beach. Diagnostic and medication evaluations, medication management and individual and family therapy services are available. Most commercial insurance programs and Medicaid are accepted. 410-535-5400, Ext. 475.
· Powered wheelchairs are available, usually at no out-of-pocket cost, to eligible non-ambulatory people 65 and older. 800-749-8778 or http:/
· Wishes on Wheels offers wheelchairs, usually at no out-of-pocket cost, to eligible people 65 and older. 800-823-5220 or http:/
· Medicare recipients who have arthritis, cardiovascular disease or respiratory disorders and difficulty walking or using a standard wheelchair might be eligible for an electric wheelchair. Call Gregory Coleman at 800-810-2877.