What's the Deal? The week's best travel bargains around the globe, by land, sea and air.
· Eight properties on Grand Cayman are offering resort credits. Show your boarding pass from any airline and receive resort credits ranging from $25 to $100 a day, depending on the property. Most resorts require a minimum four-night stay. Deal is good through April 30; book by March 14. For example, stay at the Seven Mile Beach Resort & Club in Grand Cayman and receive a $75-per-day credit; rates are $500 a night for a two-bedroom villa through April 19 and $300 per night April 20-30. Info: http:/
· Travel for half-price on three VIA Rail Canada routes. Deal applies to service on the Canadian between Toronto, Jasper and Vancouver; the Ocean, between Montreal and Halifax; and the Chaleur, between Montreal and Gaspe. Prices vary by route and seat category. For example, a one-way ticket from Montreal to Halifax in a double bedroom is about $168 per person (including taxes) after the discount. Travel on the Canadian is good through May 31; on other routes, travel must be completed by June 13. Book by March 31. Info: 888-842-7245, http:/
· White Elephant Hotel Residences on Nantucket Island, Mass., is celebrating its opening with a free third night for stays May 14-June 30 and Sept. 1-Oct. 31. Rate for a one-bedroom that sleeps up to four is $400 a night, plus 9.7 percent taxes. Also, receive spa discounts Sunday-Thursday and a $50 dining credit if you spend at least $150 at either of the resort's two restaurants. Deal also includes shuttle to ferry and beaches. Book by March 31. Info: 800-445-6574, http:/
· A 14-night Passage Through Panama enrichment cruise departing May 8 is $1,499 per person double, plus $279 taxes and port charges, a savings of $500. The deal from iCruise.com includes airfare from Reagan National to Nassau, Bahamas, with return from San Jose, Costa Rica; cruise aboard the 800-passenger MV Explorer; and talks by professors and business leaders on such topics as evolution, Latin American literature and responsible tourism. Book by March 8. Info: 800-630-4406, http:/
· To recognize Alaska's 50th anniversary of statehood, Holland America is offering 50 percent discounts on many of its 2009 Alaska cruise tours. Deal applies to 13 itineraries lasting 11 to 14 days. For example, an 11-night cruise tour departing Sept. 6 -- including a seven-night cruise from Vancouver to Seward, and a four-night land tour that visits Anchorage, Denali National Park and Preserve, and Fairbanks -- starts at $949 per person double after discount, plus $156 taxes. Info: 877-724-5425, http:/
· A 13-night Mekong Delta cruise to Vietnam and Cambodia has been discounted by $1,000 per person. Value World Tours is offering the trip for $1,898 per person double, plus $132 port charges. The trip starts March 20 and includes one night's hotel in Ho Chi Minh City; nine-night cruise from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap, Cambodia; three nights' hotel in Siem Reap; sightseeing; and transfers. Info: 800-795-1633, http:/
· Cathay Pacific has extended its Year of the Ox sale fares. The sale from New York to eight destinations across Asia is good for travel departing by April 30. Best deal is from JFK to Singapore: Round-trip fare for flights in early April is $1,072, including $163 taxes. Fare on other airlines starts at $1,398 round trip from Washington and $1,473 from New York. Purchase by Feb. 28 at http:/
· El Al is offering sale fares from New York to Tel Aviv for travel through March 31. Round-trip fare for flights from JFK or Newark is $727, including $94 taxes. Other airlines are matching. Info: 800-223-6700, http:/
· Virgin is offering a Virgin Blue Airpass for flights within Australia. Pass price varies by number of flights and city pairings. For example, a pass from Sydney to Perth to Brisbane, with return to Sydney, is about $278; fare on other airlines is $811. Minimum of three flights and maximum of eight allowed. The country is divided into zones, with individual flights ranging from $44 to $114. Offer is valid with any international air ticket to Australia; pass must be purchased before arrival in Australia at http:/
· GoGo Worldwide Vacations is offering a sale on a vacation to Fiji. Trip includes round-trip air from Los Angeles to Nadi, Fiji; seven nights at the Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa; daily breakfast; and airport transfers. Price starts at $1,899 per person double, including taxes; priced separately, deal would cost $2,231. The resort is on Yanuca, a 109-acre private island connected to the mainland by a bridge. Travel April 1-May 31. Trip must be booked through a travel agency. Info: http:/
· Pleasant Holidays has extended its Hawaii sale. Package deals, which apply to departures from Los Angeles or San Francisco, are now good for travel through June 4. Prices vary by itinerary and dates. For example, a package in early May that includes round-trip airfare on nonstop United flights from San Francisco to Honolulu and five nights at the Aqua Waikiki Wave is $913 per couple, including taxes. Priced separately, it would cost $723 per person. Info: 800-742-9244, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.