If you're anything like me, you're a fan of this magazine. You come to its pages every Sunday to laugh with Gene, to peek at Date Lab, to discover a revealing story. The new WP Magazine adds to that experience. You'll continue to find deeply reported articles that illuminate and inspire, and you'll get updates on past favorites in the new Whatever Happened To feature. You can relax with the crossword and connect with First Person Singular, or ponder Our Town, a captured moment retold in illustration. You can still devour Tom Sietsema's dining column -- and let the new Going Out Guide serve you a nightcap.
Why the changes? Well, because, if you're anything like me, you also have a giggling, gurgling baby; a first-grader going on middle-schooler; and neighbors who wish they had more time for ... well, just about everything.
That's why we've reimagined the Magazine. It has more to entice, but takes less time at each stop. In its print version, a clean look -- the creation of Art Director Janet Michaud -- provides clear navigation and fewer jumps. The typography is simple, the layout sophisticated.
We also have new reasons to venture online, with more to come. This week on washingtonpost.com, watch an On Leadership video with Michelle Rhee, check out our audio slideshow on an eclectic artist community, and learn how to submit your photo for Second Glance.
If you're anything like me, you have an opinion about change. So please join me Monday at 11 a.m. for an online discussion or e-mail me at email@example.com. Until then, enjoy. . .
INSIDE THE NEW MAGAZINE
- Whatever Happened To: An update on stories previously featured in the Magazine)
- Our Town: Post artists recount a slice of Washington-area life through illustration
- Double X: Snippets of conversation from the writers of Doublex.com, a Web site that explores women's issues
- Unspun: A quick, entertaining interview with someone politically connected
- The Breakdown: Quirky, little-known facts about often-seen objects)
- Trend Report: A weekly take on fashion and beauty
- Behind the Lens: The story behind a powerful photograph
- The Going Out Guide: Listings of events to do this week
- Date Lab: We pair up two people and report on the blind date
- Dining: Restaurant reviews by Tom Sietsema
- Second Glance: A photo puzzle
- The Crossword Puzzle
- Below the Beltway: A satirical column by Gene Weingarten
- Cul de Sac: In print, the cartoon has moved to our Sunday Style & Arts section
- Making It: Our column on financial makeovers and entrepreneurial successes has ended
- Then & Again: The feature comparing present day and historical photos has ended.
- Editor's Query: Reader responses to questions about unique experiences will no longer be solicited
- XX Files: The column featuring personal essays by women has ended