It's time to face facts about sports television
These are 23 (more) facts, tried and true, about the widening world of sports television:
1. When he's at home, I imagine Fox's Tony Siragusa stands in the corner of the backyard and shouts out stuff his family doesn't understand.
2. In a lifetime full of miscalculations, I believe I have watched more sports television than the human body was designed to absorb.
3. How can it be The Golf Channel and not include one stinkin' hour of miniature golf?
4. If they can make flat-screen TVs, wouldn't you think they could build one into an ironing board?
5. Fox's Frank Caliendo: Very funny.
5a. I guess if Frank Caliendo were less funny, he'd get his own late-night talk show on ABC.
6. If I hear "Hail to the Redskins" one more time while sitting in an out-of-town bar from fellow bar patrons after the team kicks a field goal, mark my words -- I am driving to Redskins Park and ripping that offensive logo right off the building.
7. Barack Obama may be the leader of the free world, but ESPN appears to be the leader of the rest of the world.
8. Who says Hollywood is a tough town? With no prior experience, Michael Strahan got a broadcasting job and an acting job.
9. For the record, I also know a poker broadcaster who has no poker experience.
10. If ESPN covered the Last Supper, you've got to figure they would've put Judas on the Budweiser Hot Seat.