Frederick fire chief's father rescued from blaze

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
By The Associated Press
Monday, November 16, 2009; 9:09 AM

The Frederick County chief fire marshal says it was a shock to be dispatched to his parents' home for a fire there.

Marc McNeal's father, Joseph, was in the house with his dog, Charlie, when the fire broke out Sunday afternoon.

Joseph McNeal had to be rescued. Firefighters found him in a power wheelchair in the bathroom. Charlie got out earlier when a man who saw the smoke opened the door.

Authorities say the fire started at an electrical outlet in the basement.


More in the Maryland Section

Blog: Maryland Moment

Blog: Md. Politics

Washington Post staff writers provide breaking news coverage of your county and state government.

Neighborhoods

Neighborhoods

Use Neighborhoods to learn about Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia communities.

Md. Congressional Primary

Election Results

Obama and McCain swept the region on February 12.

FOLLOW METRO ON:
Facebook Twitter RSS
|
GET LOCAL ALERTS:
© 2009 The Washington Post Company

Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity