Tips on holiday decor from Erin Paige Pitts
1. Tie your holiday decor together by choosing an unexpected color for accessories. Pitts chose navy blue velvet for a runner, Christmas stockings and pillows.
2. A can of silver spray paint is a great investment. Use it to give terra-cotta pots, pine cones, starfish or shells a new luster.
3. Bring in a bare branch, anchor it in a fun vase and hang a few balls on it for a minimalist look.
4. Get out your best platters or glass bowls and fill them with Christmas balls, shells and a bit of greenery.
5. Fill barren window boxes with clipped firs or magnolia leaves.
6. Don't just hang one wreath on the front door; make some extras and put them on windows in the front and back of your house or on your side entrances.
7. Clip greens and put them in unexpected places, such as windowsills or kitchen corners.
8. Don't forget that outdoor spaces can be beautified with greens and accessories such as large glass balls.