A D.C. area guide to reporting problem potholes

Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, February 18, 2010

If you spot a pesky pothole, write down the location and severity and report it to the following:

District Department of Transportation

Reach the Mayor's Citywide Call Center by dialing 311, fill out an online request at www.ddot.dc.gov, send an e-mail to potholepalooza@dc.gov or tweet to twitter.com/DDOTDC.

Maryland State Highway Administration

For state-numbered routes, complete a service form at roads.maryland.gov or call one of the maintenance shops corresponding to your district.

Virginia Department of Transportation

Call 703-383-8368 or report it online at www.virginiadot.org.

Alexandria: 703-838-4488.

Arlington County

Go to www.arlingtonva.us and search "pothole" to find the customer form or call 703-228-6570.

Fairfax County: Contact VDOT.

Howard County: 410-313-7450.

Loudoun County: Contact VDOT.

Montgomery County: Identify a pothole at www.montgomerycountymd.gov.

Prince George's County: 301-350-0500.

Calvert County: 410-535-0905.

© 2010 The Washington Post Company