Terms and Conditions of the Real Art D.C. Promotion
1. Directors, officers, and employees of WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit an entry/submission.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
3. To enter, fully complete and submit (as directed) the online entry form available on the entry page located at http:/
5. Entry Materials that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified.
6. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her Entry Materials do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the Entry Materials contain libelous or defamatory material. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits Entry Materials which Sponsor believes may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate, or that may infringe upon or violate another party's rights. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials. Submitted materials will not be returned.
7. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
8. Submitted Entry Materials will be posted on WashingtonPost.com, and may be included in both print and online features and promotions. In addition, by entering you grant Sponsor a license to publish, reproduce, use, transfer, and otherwise display your Entry Materials in any medium and for any purpose in Sponsor's sole discretion.
9. A Washington Post representative[s] will select 10 authors ("Finalists"), whose work is represented in one or more of the valid Entry Materials, based on originality, creativity and adherence to contest rules. Each Finalist will be notified of his/her selection as a Finalist via email to the email address submitted as part of his/her Entry Materials, or the Entry Materials submitted by his/her representative. Each Finalist must respond to such notice within three (3) business days in order to advance to the next round of the promotion (i.e., the Winner Selection round). Each selected Finalist may also be required to provide Sponsor with additional information and/or sign appropriate documentation at this time. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist.
10. Subject to the requirements herein, each selected Finalist will advance to the Winner Selection round. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than the number of Finalists originally indicated including (without limitation) based on insufficient number of eligible entries or in the event that any of the originally selected Finalists failed to comply with the promotion's Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the above, Sponsor may select alternate Finalists in accordance with these Term and Conditions.
11. Within one week of the end of the Entry Period, and for a period of two weeks ("the Voting Period") the public will be able to vote on the Finalist whose work they prefer. The Finalist receiving the most votes during the Voting Period will be the winner of the promotion ("the Winner"). Washington Post representatives will interview the Winner, whose work will be featured in The Washington Post in print and online
12. The use of computer generated programs or other similar means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be discarded/disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. As determined solely by Sponsor, all votes not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be discarded/disqualified.