Page 2 of 2   <      

Hints From Heloise for Feb. 12

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity

Dear Heloise: Please advise your readers that socks can be dangerous (for dogs to chew on -- Heloise). A friend of mine made a sock toy for his beautiful chocolate Lab. The sock shredded, entered the dog's intestine and caused a blockage. Surgery was performed. Socks have long threads and are not suitable for dogs that like to chew. -- Judy, via e-mail

Dogs do chew, and sock toys are popular and on sale at pet stores. You are right, however, that dogs and cats should be watched while playing with these toys. -- Heloise

SHARING BIRDSEED

Dear Heloise: I have a canary, and anyone who owns a bird knows that there is a lot of wasted food. I always pour the old seed into a container, keep this for winter days and toss it in the yard a little each day. The wild birds just love it. I also keep the bread ends and toss them out. -- Terry, via e-mail

LINT ROLLER

Dear Heloise: I solved my problem of pets shedding against my verticals made of fabric and against the bottom of furniture. I went to my dollar store and bought a few lint rollers, rolled a lint roller against the verticals and the furniture, and the hair came right off. -- Alice, via e-mail

CAT CAUGHT ON CRATE

Dear Heloise: My cat likes to sleep on a blanket atop a pet crate. I would smile at the cuteness of his action, until the day he made a horrific wailing sound. Charlie had his left hind leg caught between the wires of the crate. Fortunately, this happened on a weekend and not during the workweek. -- Margaret, via e-mail

Send a hint to Heloise, P.O. Box 795000, San Antonio, Tex. 78279-5000, fax it to 210-HELOISE or e-mail it to Heloise@Heloise.com. Please include your city and state.


<       2

© 2011 The Washington Post Company

Network News

X My Profile