Friday, February 18, 2011;
1. Directors, officers, and employees of WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post ("Sponsor") and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit an entry/submission. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older, and must be residents of the United States.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. No purchase necessary to enter.
3. To enter, submit your original design sketch for Kate Middleton's wedding dress to the user gallery "Royal Wedding Dress contest" on washingtonpost.com between noon ET, Feb. 18, 2011 and noon ET, March 11, 2011. Each entrant must follow the instructions presented and provide the information requested (collectively, "Entry Materials"). We will attempt to contact the winner via his/her registered washingtonpost.com email. If the entrant fails to respond as instructed in the email within seven days, he or she may not be selected as the winner.
5. Entry Materials that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified.
6. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her Entry Materials do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the Entry Materials contain libelous or defamatory material. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits Entry Materials which Sponsor believes may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate or that may infringe upon or violate another party's rights. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials. Submitted materials will not be returned.
7. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
8. The Washington Post will choose five finalists from among eligible entries on the basis of the following criteria: originality, creativity, design and execution. The odds of being selected as a finalist depend on the number of entries.
9. The winner will be selected from among the five finalists based on the number of eligible votes received from the public via online voting. The designs of the confirmed five finalists will appear online at http://voices.washingtonpost.com/royal-wedding-watch/ on or about March 28, 2011. Readers and the public will have from noon ET, March 28, 2011 through noon ET, April 8, 2011 to vote online for a finalist they feel should win the "Royal Wedding Dress contest".
Subject to the other terms of these rules, the winner will be the finalist who receives the highest number of votes cast by the public via online voting. To be eligible, a vote must identify only one (1) finalist. Limit one (1) vote per person. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all votes that it reasonably believes are in excess of these limits and/or do not comply with these Official Rules. The use of computer generated programs or other means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any voter who Sponsor reasonably believes has violated these rules may have his or her vote(s) disqualified. Any entrant or finalist who Sponsor reasonably believes has been involved in the violation of these rules may be disqualified or penalized in Sponsor's discretion. In the event of a tie or any problems in the public voting, Sponsor will break the tie or determine the winners based on the initial judging results used to determine the winners, or using other criteria as deemed appropriate by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. The winning wedding dress design will be featured in The Washington Post Style section.
11. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification or other material sent pursuant to these Terms and Conditions that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason.
12. In Sponsor's sole discretion, an entrant may be disqualified if such entrant (i) is unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable (if applicable); (ii) fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) engages in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive activity.
13. By participating in this promotion, each entrant gives Sponsor permission to use his/her Entry Materials and other information provided to Sponsor in any manner or media in its sole discretion.
14. By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of the promotion or his/her participation in the promotion including, but not limited to, claims involving printing errors or other errors. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the promotion.
15. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this promotion should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or intended operation of the promotion and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select participants, alternates, and/or winner from among the eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken or in such manner as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.