washingtonpost.com
Charlie Sheen strikes custody agreement with Brook Mueller, police search home for firearms

Compiled by Ian Saleh
Washington Post Staff
Friday, March 11, 2011; 1:36 PM

Charlie Sheen had his house searched by police for firearms on Thursday. As Jen Chaney reported:

Los Angeles police searched Charlie Sheen's home last night for firearms that might have violated the terms of the restraining order filed against him by ex-wife Brooke Mueller. They found one gun, an antique, and a few bullets.

In related news, Mueller and Sheen have reached an agreement that nullifies that restraining order and settles the custody issues involving their sons, but the details of said agreement were not revealed. Sheen tweeted his praise of the LAPD and later added, "50 cops in my home. they all left. I'm still here. WINNING? 24/7."

Charlie Sheen and ex-wife Brooke Mueller reached a custody agreement over their twin sons. As AP explained:

Attorneys for Charlie Sheen and his estranged wife say the former couple have reached an agreement that settles any custody issues and will end her pursuit of a lengthy restraining order.

Attorneys for Sheen and Brooke Mueller issued a statement Thursday night saying the pair had "reached an agreement that resolves their differences." The statement said the details of the arrangement were being kept confidential for the benefit of their twin sons.

Mueller obtained a temporary restraining order against Sheen earlier this month, claiming he threatened her on a recent trip to the Bahamas. A hearing had been scheduled for March 22.

Reports emerged that Sheen has been shopping his memoir to several publishing houses. As Hillel Italie reported:

The recently fired star of the CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men" wants to tell his combustible life story, said executives at three publishing houses who asked not to be identified, citing the sensitive nature of the project.

Two of the publishers said Thursday that the book had the working title "Apocalypse Me," a reference to "Apocalypse Now," the Francis Ford Coppola film starring Sheen's father, Martin Sheen. Charlie Sheen has said he is obsessed by the film, which takes Joseph Conrad's classic novella of madness, "Heart of Darkness," and changes the setting from Africa to Vietnam.

The publishers who spoke to The Associated Press all said they turned down the memoir and expressed amazement anyone would take it, even if a finished work would likely be a best-seller. They cited Sheen's public rants and chaotic private life, including a history of accusations of domestic violence. And Sheen has filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and the executive producer of "Two and a Half Men," and he might be restricted in what he could say about the program.

More from The Washington Post

Comic Riffs: The 6 most eye-catching Charlie Sheen cartoons

Moraes on TV: Chuck Lorre responds to Sheen comments

Video: Charlie Sheen publicist quits

Post a Comment


Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.

© 2011 The Washington Post Company