The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 23, 2011; 4:47 PM
WASHINGTON -- The White House says President Barack Obama will continue to update the American people on U.S. military involvement in Libya in the coming days and that an address to the nation hasn't been ruled out.
Deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes says Obama believes it's important to communicate clearly and consistently with the public about the military strikes being launched against forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi (MOO'-ah-mar gah-DAH'-fee).
Rhodes noted that Obama addressed the situation twice last week from the White House. Obama also spoke about Libya during a pair of news conferences while traveling in Latin America.
Rhodes spoke to reporters traveling with Obama aboard Air Force One on Wednesday as it carried the president home from El Salvador.