Inside the Real West Wing
Updated: August 22, 2006.
Here's the floorplan of the real West Wing of the White House, where everyone is just a few steps away from the Oval Office.
The two greatest indicators of status are the offices' proximity to the president and the quality of their view. Exterior offices with windows, especially on corners, are considered the most desirable. But here in the West Wing, even an office on the ground floor means you're at the pinnacle of power. Not shown on the map, but listed below, are offices in the ground floor and "lower press" areas.
Lower Press Office (temporarily relocated to Jackson Place during press-room renovations)
- Emily Lawrimore, Assisant Press Secretary
- Open position
West Wing Ground Floor
- Melissa Bennett, Deputy Assistant to the President for Appointments and Scheduling
Staff Secretary's Office
- Raul Yanes, Assistant to the President and Staff Secretary
- Bill Burck, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Staff Secretary
- Eric Draper, Director of Photography
- Paul Morse, Deputy Director of Photography
- Frances Fragos Townsend, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
- Kenneth Rapuano, Deputy Assistant to the President for Homeland Security
Office of Management and Administration
- Linda Gambatesa, Deputy Assistant to the President for Management, Administration and Oval Office Operations
- Neil Burnham, Special Assistant to the President for White House Management
Doug Stevens - The Washington Post; Dan Froomkin - washingtonpost.com