On TV

Lisa de Moraes
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 14, 2006; 1:00 PM

Post TV Columnist Lisa de Moraes takes a look at what's on the tube in a fast-paced give and take about reality, non-reality, cable and you name it. Lisa was online Friday, April 14, at 1 p.m. ET to discuss the latest on TV.

Read The TV Column

This week: the molestation of "Queen" songs on American Idol, and another South Park brouhaha over the use of images of the Prophet Muhammad.

The transcript follows.

Recent columns: Comedy Central Again Steals 'South Park' Thunder , ( Post, April 14, 2006 )

We Watch . . . So You Don't Have To , ( Post, April 13, 2006 )

De Moraes has written "The TV Column" for The Post since 1998. She served as the TV editor for the entertainment industry trade publication the "Hollywood Reporter" for almost a decade.

Washington, D.C.: Re: South Park

As a fan of this show, I must say I appreciate their political commentary and satire. But I would appreciate it more, if they were funny. I watch TV to be entertained; not preached to.

That said, I do understand their point regarding Jesus and Mohammed. And I do love the reaction of the Religious Right, who so don't get it.

Lisa de Moraes: Hi. I agree, it seems that organization totally did not get the point..But, unlike you, I enjoy this season's preaching/entertainment combo on "South Park." Nice to see one show on TV that's not afraid to take on hot topics -- even if their network is. In fairness, Comedy Central gets some credit for not just pulling the whole two parter. On the other hand, if they had, it would have totally destroyed that whole bad-boy brand thing they've worked so hard to cultivate over the years. As it is they're looking pretty sissy-girl this season.

Los Angeles, Calif.: Are we to assume that you have not written of or commented on "The Apprentice" this season because it is terrible and/or because it has fallen in the ratings? After the next L.A.-based season, can we expect NBC to push it off the Santa Monica pier?

Lisa de Moraes: It just seemed so cruel to keep on kicking The Donald when he's down..Won't it be fun when NBC announces its fall plans to advertisers next month to see what they have to say about plans to resuscitate "The Apprentice."

Bedford: Hi Lisa,

Have you watched the Bedford Diaries? I love Milo Ventimiglia, so had high hopes, but think that the show is awful. How's it doing?

Lisa de Moraes: Awful. Don't get attached. It won't be back, WB won't be back. Sigh.

Washington, D.C.: Interesting about Comedy Central pulling the Muhammad bit. I didn't know that going into last night's episode and it seemed the screen going to black was built into the script, but now I'm mad. Given Kyle's "gay little speech" about the slippery slope of censorship, do you think Stone and Parker think CC is about ready to pack them up and ship them off the air? If so, what the hockey is CC thinking? Doesn't their winning a Peabody for satire justify Stone and Parker's position?

Lisa de Moraes: I think it was built into the script, because Matt and Trey had been told by Comedy Central that the network would not allow them to show an image of Muhammad..You can still be mad.

Niles, Mich.: Any chance that Chris Daughtry of IDOL fame might walk away from the show (causing a furor where the show didn't have voting results to drop a contestant) as did Mario Vasquez (also a superior performer) two years ago?

Lisa de Moraes: No, he's in too deep now....

Re: Commander and Chief: Do you think ABC has learned any lessons from their own destruction of this show?

Lisa de Moraes: ...um, don't hire Rod Lurie as a showrunner? I am was not a fan of this show, but it's wicked how badly this show was handled...

Washington, D.C.: I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I LOVE Deal or No Deal!! Do you think it will suffer the same overexposure as Regis' Millionaire did?

Lisa de Moraes: Yes, if NBC is not really careful, it will. For now, NBC is just wallowing in the good ratings and appears not to be thinking too much about the long haul. Like that grasshopper. Or was it the ants....

Astoria, N.Y.: Why is it that almost every story I read quoted William Donohue (regarding the South Park episode in your column this week)? Was he the only one that would talk about it? Does he have some higher understanding of the universe that we should all pay attention to? I mean, come on, he obviously didn't watch the episodes or watch them seriously, otherwise he would have realized the whole point was that Comedy Central would allow Jesus but not Muhammad. It showed the hypocrisy of Comedy Central. There was no "shot at Jesus," instead it was a shot at Comedy Central. Thanks,

Lisa de Moraes: Donohue had objected to "South Park's" Bloody Mary episode and Comedy Central pulled the rerun on that one. He has a history with this show....

The Unit: Why is it when I see Scott Foley in the Unit I just think he must still be bitter about Jennifer Garner?

Lisa de Moraes: Because you are having trouble letting go? Because the tabloids haven't hooked him up with anyone else hotter yet? You'll have to put this one to Hax. I'm in way over my head here...

Re: Deal or No Deal: Why is NBC pulling a "Millionaire" with this show? They should learn from Fox how to cultivate a program (as with Idol) and only show it once a year.

Lisa de Moraes: This is a different type of show than "Idol." The "Millionaire" comparison is more apt. NBC could run it all year, but runs a risk putting it on so many times each week....

Harrisburg, Pa.: Will you please do me a favor if you ever get this chance? For years, I always said if I met Henry Winkler, I would ask him this; "when you were jumping the shark, did you feel you were jumping the shark?" I always wondered if he agreed the show had stretched its line of credibility too far during the filming of that scene. Fortunately, I had the chance to ask him. He spoke at a fund raiser for a children's program outside Harrisburg. He was a great speaker and very funny and entertaining, and very insightful into the discussion of dyslexia (with which, when you read my mixed-up questions you have probably realized I also struggle with). Afterwards, he signed copies of his books and we had a few seconds to talk. I was all set to ask my question when, of course, my time was taken by one of his people asking him if he wanted anything. When they were done, it was time for me to move along and I never got to ask my question. So, not that you really have to do this, but if you ever get to interview Mr. Winkler, I hope you will consider adding that question to your list of questions. Thank you.

Lisa de Moraes: I will be sure to do that if I run into him any time soon....

Washington, D.C.: Okay, so I admit it. I don't watch House. but I was curious about a comment in your column this week -- he's on drugs? Really?

Lisa de Moraes: Dr. House pops painkillers regularly to handle the hurt coming from his leg, and also his head, his heart, etc...Women are suckers for men who are messed up -- but you probably already knew that. Really, you should watch. Or, you're just making fun of me...I get that a lot over this show.

Re: TomKat: Tom Cruise is getting to be more and more like Michael Jackson. I expect to hear in a few years (when he and Katie are no longer together) that he paid her to have his child. I find it creepy that he talks about their sex life as if he needs to prove to the world that he is capable of doing it. Why do the top interviewers want to interview him (like Diane Sawyer)?

Lisa de Moraes: Because they believe an interview with Cruise will do a big number and, in the TV news business today, it's all about ratings and only about ratings. With everything that's going on in the world today (oh god, now I sound like my mother)you'd think Sawyer would have something more important to report on than the latest bit of strangeness emanating from the Church of Cruise. But, ABC News wanted The Reporters Who Cover Television to be sure to know, Di is getting a "rare" opportunity to fly on Tom Cruise's private jet during tonight's "interview." Golly!

Arlington, Va.: During the summer months, when there isn't much going on with TV, do you have to do something to supplement your income? Like sell real estate or something?

Lisa de Moraes: "...when there isn't much going with TV"???What are you smoking, child? Summertime hops in TV-industry since, oh, about the turn of the century...

Baltimore, Md.: I know you are a partisan of Hugh Laurie and an expert on the machinations of television, so you are the perfect person to ask this question. When House was being developed, how did the producers happen to cast Laurie in the first place? I mean, he's fabulous in the role, but he was most known in the U.S. (if known at all) for the Jeeves and Wooster series on PBS and for his role in Stuart Little. He seems like the last guy you would think of to play a brilliant, drug addicted, physically debilitated American diagnostician. Thanks.

Lisa de Moraes: Credit goes to Gail Berman, who was head of programming for the Fox network at the time the show was being developed. Gail has a theater background. Don't know why I said that except by way of pointing out that she knows something about something beyond Hollywood. Not sure if she was familiar with his work, but she at least had an open mind when the casting person suggested it and didn't say "no way am I buying this unless you get me Kieffer Sutherland" or something.

Pickler's Prom Dress: Not ... that ... innocent! (have you seen the pictures?) AI Lightning Round: (1) Has this anyone-can-win season not turned into the most ho-hum season now? (2) Why no love for Taylor anymore? I thought you were sticking to your guns? (3) What were they thinking with Pickler's hideous look for Bohemian Rhapsody--did stylists think she would pull that off "on paper"???

Lisa de Moraes: Hey, Pickler's hideous look worked big time. Read MTV's review of the night, for instance. All they could talk about was how great she was, which, if you kept reading, was really all about how "hot" she looked...I'm sick of the over-costuming of Idol contestants. Notice how all of the Bottom Three Dwellers did a much better job of their songs the next night when they weren't all dolled up in corsets and eyeliner?

I remember that: Did we ever find out -why- Mario quit?

Lisa de Moraes: ..moving on to his brilliant career I think was the answer...

Washington, D.C.: So what do you think of Tori Spelling's new show So NoTorious on VH1? I saw an episode last weekend for the first time where she lost her cell phone and found myself laughing a fair amount...enough that I will probably tune in again. What do you think?

Lisa de Moraes: love, love, love it.

Reviving Apprentice: How about taking a new tack on the show like bringing in a group of young people who each analyze what's wrong with the Donald and the show itself, then the viewers get to vote for who has the best ideas ?

Lisa de Moraes: Notice how Mark Burnett's revamping of "The Apprentice", aka "The Lot" or "On the Lot" or whatever, has viewers voting, not the judges. Oh, in case you're one of those chatters standing on your hind legs and barking for an explanation of what the heck I'm talking about, Burnett sold a new reality series to Fox called "The Lot" or "On the Lot" or whatever, in which wanna be filmmakers are brought to Hollywood, divided into teams and each week they have to produce a short film...zzzzzzz... huh? Oh, where was I. each week some judges diss the product -- a critic, a director, etc. -- but the voting on which film bites the dust will be done by viewers and that week's director from that team will automatically get the hook. It's like an "Idol-ized" "Apprentice."

Harrison, N.Y.: Hey Lisa. Just a comment- how annoying is Tony Soprano's wheezing and panting on every one of his lines? It's been going on for awhile now. Is Gandolfini that out of shape? Gosh, I hope it's not a character choice.

Lisa de Moraes: I like to think he's that out of shape...makes you wonder if he'll get through the episode. Riveting television, gotta say.

Washington, D.C.: Tell the truth, how many votes did you cast for Ace the other night?

Is awesome Elliot the next to go?

Lisa de Moraes: Sadly, I am not allowed to vote. Something about journalist integrity and yes, because I know you're wondering, the TV column is considered "journalism." And, if I could vote, it certainly would NOT be for Boy-Band wonder Ace, she added, sniffily....

Seattle, Wash.: New twist on the requisite Idol question. Not "who do you want to win" but, if you were the person in charge of marketing the winner and would share in the profits, who would you want to win? As we've seen, talent and marketability don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Lisa de Moraes: Mandisa -- but then she's gone. She was most marketable, by far...

Annapolis, Md.: Ok, What I want to know is, is someone trying to mess with all of our minds and schedules?

I cannot keep track of my favorite shows with all this jumping around. Medium, Las Vegas, Commander in Chief, L&O, heist, Conviction, the list goes on - sometimes they're on at their normal times, sometimes, it's back-to-back Donald for no good reason.

I could understand the craziness when the Olympics were on, but what the heck? Are they just trying to drive viewers away? Even if I had Tivo, I would never know when to set it anymore, because everything's all messed up! Or is it just me?

Lisa de Moraes: It's called Panic Scheduling. Happens frequently to a network that's plunged into ratings depths...sorry I can't be more helpful...

Alexandria: Here's an idea . . . The 2006 Miss USA Pageant is in Baltimore next weekend. Why don't you attend the pageant LIVE, then watch it on TV and tell us about how it's different. Come on, doesn't FOUR HOURS of the Miss USA pageant sound like a great weekend of entertainment??

Lisa de Moraes: That's actually a good idea, I'm sorry to say. Hopefully my editors won't be reading this chat....

WB?: THE WB ISN'T COMING BACK?? What happened to the merger that was supposed to keep all the great shows????

Lisa de Moraes: You say "merger" I say "not coming back." Some of the great shows are staying, but let's face it, the whole WB-ness will be gone, never ever to return. (Choke, sob)

Baltimore, Md.: I've noticed you don't answer a lot of questions about LOST. Do you not get many? Is it not as popular as I think it is? What do you think is going on with the island? Do the writers even know what's going on?

Lisa de Moraes: I don't get a lot of questions. Actually I do, but it's the same question over and over again. I do not think the writers even know what's going on. But that does not seem to affect the writing. It's like "24" in that it doesn't seem to matter. Fans are along for the ride, no matter what. Which is okay...

Chantilly, Va.: Lisa: What are the chances we'll see Jack Bauer personally take down President Logan?

And by take down I mean ice him, not arrest him.

Or will the lovely and talented Jean Smart get to do the deed? Or the vengeful Wayne Palmer? Or the gallant and patriotic Aaron Pierce? Or the opportunistic Vice Prez Gardner? Or the wacky yet loveable Chloe O'Brien? Or the wrongfully smeared Bill Buchanan?

Lisa de Moraes: Of course you mean ice him, not arrest him. Who would bother watching POTUS being arrested? I'm sure it's in Kieffer's contract that he gets to whack the Really Big Bad Guy each season. Only room for one Super Hero on that show. I'm anxiously awaiting the season finale.

Alexandria, Va.: Pookster, when is "The Office" coming back with new episodes? I hate Teachers--it makes me puke a little in my mouth. Thanks!

Lisa de Moraes: Yes, "Teachers" is possibly as bad as "Modern Men" and "Modern Men" is the worst excuse for a sitcom that has ever been created....Good news is everyone seems to hate "Teachers."

Orono, Maine: Is there any more information on how the votes on American Idol are tallied and verified? It seems to me that information is vital to the integrity of the show. So why are the powers-that-be so reluctant to release it?

AI would be greatly improved, in my view, by some sort of scoreboard feature that would show clearly how many votes each person got. You could also keep a running total.

On a side note, I'm having a really hard time swallowing some of the vote counts that we are being fed this year. In one case, Ryan Seacrest claimed that there were 35 million votes cast. That may be true. But it seems awfully high, and with -apparently] no independent verification system, those numbers could be pure fiction, for all we know.

Lisa de Moraes: Well, with about 28 million watching and some viewers casting multiple votes, it's actually not hard to get to 35 million..

Washington, D.C.: Are you being sarcastic when you sob over the loss of the WB? You are, aren't you?

Lisa de Moraes: No, but then I cry over commercials with little puppies in them.. it's one of my least endearing traits...

Washington, D.C.: Not sure if you are permitted to disclose this information. I'm looking into a TiVO or other means of recording shows. What do you use since you can't watch more than one show at a time (or can you??).

Thanks, Pookie.

Lisa de Moraes: I can, and I do! This is a difficult job and requires a very special skills set.

Arlington, Va.: "is getting a 'rare' opportunity to fly on Tom Cruise's private jet during tonight's 'interview'". Is it too late to hope . . . well, you know?

Lisa de Moraes: Shut up bad person in my head! It is too late to hope; it would have been the lead story on Entertainment Tonight by now, or Ryan Seacrest's "newscast" on E!, dontcha think?

Washington, D.C.: So, what do you think? Mandisa: homophobe or misunderstood? And did you notice that Paris cries when EVERYONE gets the boot, but didn't cry for Mandisa? I may be spending too much time dissecting AI....

Lisa de Moraes: Mandisa: a little homophobe, a little misunderstood. Her choice of words and her choice of "her own personal American Idol" were unfortunate if she wanted to succeed in this competition.

Towson, Md.: Pookie, are you being sarcastic when you say you "cry over commercials with little puppies in them.. it's one of my least endearing traits..." because that poster was too dense to see that you're being sarcastic about sobbing over the loss of the WB? You are, aren't you?

Lisa de Moraes: No, no, no! I confess, I weep openly at the thought of no more WB upfront presentation to attend. It was the only chance I had all year to find out, for instance, what was the new black. One year I found out that beige was the new black and had to completely re-do my wardrobe. WB also had the very best day at the press tour every six months, starting with their publicist Keith Marder's 2 minute standup routine in which he savaged everyone at every network. The bad men at CBS have shipped Keith off to do PR for their sports cable operation, instead of putting him in PR at the new CW, so he can't upstage their non-funny bits at the press tour. Honestly it's like the end of Camelot - so sad I could cry.

But Mandisa could sing!: You said you thought Mandisa would have been most marketable. To what market? I can't see the MTV crowd going with her, she doesn't do country, and those are the big markets. Her musical choices seem to channel Clay, Ruben, and Fantasia, and none of them proved durable the way Kelly did, and Kelly is absolutely MTV-friendly. So what market am I missing? Or could Mandisa have become a big seller when pitched the right way?

Lisa de Moraes: She was like a new Aretha-Lite. Given the right song choices, she could've been great. That said, I don't notice the Idol folks coming up with particularly good song choices for their "Idol" winners' debut albums. So, nevermind....

Pepper Dennis: I like it! Tell me it will stay on after the merger!!!!

Lisa de Moraes: It's cute, no? Hope you're right, but the ratings suggest otherwise. On the other hand, they promoted it all wrong and it's on a network that people have already checked out of because it's already been cancelled and is running reruns all over the place...

Arlington, Va.: Did Comedy Central really pull the Scientology episode because of Tom Cruise? If not, why don't they just re air it to show that they aren't being controlled by the couch-jumper?

Lisa de Moraes: Didn't you hear? They pulled it so they could instead run an episode that was a tribute to Chef since Isaac Hayes had quit the show. Didn't you buy that explanation?

Diane Sawyer: Shouldn't ABC have pulled the trigger, stole the Couric-to-CBS thunder and made DS the first solo woman network anchor?

I'm not DS's agent or anything, but don't you feel that SHE leaked those stories about her pining for the WNT job, while publicly postering for Charlie to get the gig?

It would have made more sense for the 1st woman on 60 Minutes to be the first to front a network news shop. She has more hard news chops than Katie, but now what's left for her? Daytime TV talk show to supplant Oprah and one-up Jane Pauley?

Lisa de Moraes: That would've just smacked of desperation, since there had been rumblings for months that CBS was going to land Katie. (notice how I have successfully spelled "desparate" for months now?) And if by "hard news chops" you mean that time Di interviewed the pet supply dotcom company's sock puppet dog without mentioning that ABC parent Disney had recently bought a stake in the firm, or the time she interviewed Michael Jackson and his bride, Elvis Spawn, without grilling him about the whole kiddie thing, etc., etc., etc. -- yes, I guess she has more hard news chops. I'm guessing she's going to be about as hard tonight on Tom Cruise as Ryan Seacrest was during "Idol" when he asked Kellie Mae:

Ryan: Are you really as dumb as you seem on this show cause there's a rumor afoot that it's all an act.

Kellie Mae: Nope, I really am this dumb.

Ryan: Well! Glad we cleared that up.

Which is along, convoluted, too-much-caffeinated way of saying, it's hard to think of any of the people on those morning shows as having ever had hard-news chops.

Pookie ?: Lisa,

When this "Pookie" thing started, you used to call us Pookie. Now people call you Pookie.

Who is Pookie ? You or us ?

Lisa de Moraes: Everyone's a pookie in my world....

Washington, D.C.: Hi Lisa, why aren't there more shows about chefs that solve murders in their restaurants? Seems like a home run to me. Whaddya think?

Lisa de Moraes: starring?

Re: Pulled Scientology Episode: If Cruise has that much control, it makes you think that these big world conspiracies hyped by the weirdo conspiracy theorists might actually be true. Scary...

Lisa de Moraes: Not that scary: Cruise is promoting "Mission Impossible III." "Mission Impossible III" cost the studio as much as the GNP of several smaller nations. That studio is Viacom. Viacom does not want Tom Cruise to be unhappy. Viacom also owns Comedy Central...

All sarcasm aside...: Do you like the WB or not? I didn't understand your comment about the upfront presentation.

Lisa de Moraes: Okay, since I don't want anyone to leave the chat confused: I love the whole WB-ness of WB. It was like the junior high school clique I was not allowed into, because I had an overbite and wore lace up shoes...

WB-UPN merger: I like a lot of the night-time programming on both these channels, especially "Sex & The City" (even censored, it's good) on WB and "Girlfriends" on UPN -- of course, scheduled opposite each other. Any idea if the best of both channels might survive -- or is it likelier that only the worst will continue? Anything we can do?

Lisa de Moraes: Both channels (you mean the actual stations, right?) will survive and since the late night programming to which you refer is syndicated, and therefore bought directly by the station, or the company that owns the station, that lineup won't necessarily change. The merger of the two networks affects primetime, mostly....

Washington, D.C.: With all the interest in reality shows, why do you suppose more people don't watch the news? It is the most awesome reality show. Your insight is appreciated.

Lisa de Moraes: Maybe they should make the news more interactive. Seriously.

Washington, D.C.: Hi Ms. de Moraes, why didn't at least one American Idol cover "Fat Bottomed Girls" this week. It would have been awesome.

Lisa de Moraes: huh? One did. Bucky. He's gone. You're kidding right? So hard to tell on these chats...

In the minority: I'm one of those progressives who thinks that we westerners shouldn't inflame Muslim sensibilities by depicting The Prophet. I understand the whole free speech argument, but that's us putting our culture on them (just like trying to make Iraq into a democracy of our vision). If it's against their religion to depict Muhammad, doesn't respecting their religion suggest we should not show his visage?

Having said that, I do think Matt and Trey are total geniuses; I just don't agree with the Western rush to depict Muhammad.

Lisa de Moraes: I didn't know that was "progressive." I happen to agree with Kyle. Either it's all okay, or none of it is okay.

Washington, D.C.: Hi Lisa, what happened to "Love Monkey?" I thought it was a pretty good show. I think I may have been the only one. What gives?

Lisa de Moraes: Ratings were terrible, because it was totally on the wrong network and CBS pulled it....

Washington, D.C.: Is Scrubs coming back next year?

Lisa de Moraes: I suspect yes, since NBC has so many bigger problems on its lineup.....

Re: Mario: Haven't you heard, he signed with babyface and has a CD coming out soon.

Seems to me he did the right thing, for him.

Lisa de Moraes: bully for him...

Top Chef trainwreck: Hi Pookie!

I know you aren't a fan of cooking shows but Mrs. Joel positively SUCKS as a host.

Remember Monica Lewinsky in Mr. Personality? This woman is worse.

So now that the show seems to be doing OK for Bravo, I have to wonder.... Do you bring back the trainwreck or actually get a host with some personality and speaking skills?

What would you do and what do you think they will do?

Liz

Lisa de Moraes: I think they will look at the numbers and make a decision purely based on ratings....

Washington, D.C.: Can you help Gene Weingarten determine whether the Ratboy episode of the old show, "Scare Tactics" was scripted? His poll question this week asks if that episode was funny and he argues that it wasn't because their treatment of the poor patsy was abusive.

Poll

Lisa de Moraes: Gene should leave TV to the experts....

Washington, D.C.: I wanted someone to cover Bicycle Race on AI... BICYCLE! BICYCLE! I want to ride my bicycle...

Lisa de Moraes: yeah, right.

Can we talk about Top Model?: It just gets better and better!

Lisa de Moraes: Okay. I'll bite. UPN's biggest success, and yes, the tweaking they do to this show makes it better, though I missed Janice...

Greencastle, Ind.: I have never watched Survivor, The Apprentice, or American Idol.

I just wanted to brag.

I actually enjoy a show like The Sopranos, which makes sure that just when you start finding some of the characters likeable, they slam them by having them perform brutal acts more in line with their occupations.

Lisa de Moraes: wow. that sounds just like "The Apprentice." You should watch.

Gaithersburg, Md.: The Office, Scrubs and My Name is Earl are the funniest sitcoms on TV...agree or disagree?

It seems like NBC is the only network trying to bring back great sitcoms like we had in the 80's.

Lisa de Moraes: Scrubs is much better/sillier this year. But I'd add 2.5 Men...and I assume you're confining yourself to broadcast; if not you have to add shows like "South Park," etc....

So don't watch!: If you're in the U.S. and Muslim and feel it's inappropriate to show the Prophet, don't watch the show. How hard is that? And it's not like we're transmitting it to the Middle East. They'd have to come looking for it. Sheesh.

Lisa de Moraes: I assume this is in response to the "progressive" person....

Washington, D.C.: I'm relatively new to your chat, so forgive me if this has been asked/answered a million times: what do you think of this season's Gilmore Girls? I think the whole Luke/Lorelai thing has been handled poorly. Same with the storyline about April, which had some promise.

Lisa de Moraes: I think Gilmore Girls lost its way, which often happens to shows that are this old. Hopefully, the new programming chief at CW, who had been running UPN rather than WB, will help inject some new life into this one, because it's a show worth saving...

Columbus, Ohio: The last five unaired episodes of Love Monkey are going to be on VH1 Tuesdays at 9 p.m. starting this Tuesday (4/18).

Lisa de Moraes: Here you go, Love Monkey fans. I'm out of time. Bye.

Editor's Note: washingtonpost.com moderators retain editorial control over Live Online discussions and choose the most relevant questions for guests and hosts; guests and hosts can decline to answer questions. washingtonpost.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company