Transcript

The Washington Wizards

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
Ivan Carter and Michael Lee
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 31, 2007; 2:00 PM

Washington Post staff writers Michael Lee and Ivan Carter were online Wednesday, Jan. 31, at 2 p.m. ET to field your questions and comments about all the Wizards and NBA news.

The transcript follows.

From The Post:

Wizards Coverage

Michael Lee: Hey, everybody. I just landed in Toronto and I have not had a chance to see the Wizards yet. I will talk with them later this evening and hope to have some sort of update on the condition of Antawn Jamison before the night is over. I realize last week I was a bit snippy with people who wrote in with all those Jamison trade scenarios -- we all should feel a little ashamed now that the dude is going to be out of action for awhile. Let's have some fun today. Ivan should be checking in shortly, so let's go...

Mt. Rainier, Md.: Any news about Antawn Jamison's knee injury? I hope that it's not serious enough to keep him out for more than a couple of weeks.

Ivan Carter: I know some timetables have been thrown out there and Eddie Jordan said it could be three weeks, but there is no way to know for sure until Antawn undergoes an MRI tomorrow. My guess would be in the neighborhood of 2-5 weeks, but like I said no one can know until they examine the knee. One issue is that he's hurt the knee before -- remember the way he hyperextended it against Boston a few weeks ago? It's been bothering him for awhile.

Changs hood: No. 1 in the East and a 99 percent chance of only having one All-Star. You gotta be kidding me -- Butler should get a nod from the coaches.

Ivan Carter: I think Caron is all but a lock, especially if the Wizards win tonight. That would move them 11 games above .500 and guarantee that Eddie Jordan coaches the Eastern Conference All-Stars.

Virginia: Did the Wiz consider making a play for Eddie Jones? I would think he would make a decent addition to our roster ... plays very solid defense, can hit open jumpers and slash to the hoop ... especially now that Jamison is injured.

Michael Lee: From what I hear, if the Wizards had any interest -- which I can't believe they did -- they would've never had an opportunity to enter the discussions. Eddie only was considering going home to play for his former team in Miami or signing with Dallas. It was pretty much a wrap once Memphis bought him out that he was South Beach-bound.

Washington: Why is it that when NBA analysts talk about the top teams in the East they never talk about the Wizards when they are the top team in the East? If I'm not mistaken, they've beaten the Pistons, Heat, Pacers Bulls ... what do they have to do to get a little respect? Beat some of the top teams in the West -- the Suns, Mavericks, Spurs, Lakers? I think they've done that too. By the way, is Michael Ruffin out for the season?

Michael Lee: People slowly are coming around to the Wizards but you have to remember, they did start 4-9. We are used to Detroit and Miami being good, most people focused on the Bulls once they signed Ben Wallace and most important it's really hard for people to align with a team that doesn't play defense. Of course the Wizards have been playing better defense in recent weeks -- they have held six of their past nine opponents under 100 points -- but they are sandwiched between Golden State and Memphis as one of the worst three scoring defense teams in the NBA. If they can keep winning without Antawn, though, the bandwagon will get bigger in another month.

Washington: How much do you think we'll see of Blatche? What has been your impression of his limited play thus far?

Ivan Carter: Andray's had some nice moments, such as that stretch at Milwaukee on Dec. 30 when he grabbed six rebounds in a span of like five minutes and also knocked down a couple of open shots. And at San Antonio he came in and made 4 of 7 shots, grabbed 8 boards and blocked three shots. But like all young and inexperienced guys he's also had some rough patches -- his shot is a little unsteady and he's been sloppy at times with his passing fundamentals. That said, the only way he's ever going to develop is to play and grind through his mistakes. Problem is, it's hard for a coach to live through that when he has as team that is scrapping for one of the top seeds in the conference. If Andray were playing for Golden State, Memphis or some other lousy team it would be easy to throw him out there and say "go learn, kid."
Still, with Antawn's injury Andray's going to get some chances to show what he can do. And remember, a bunch of these upcoming games are at home where I think Eddie may be a little more comfortable playing him.

Washington: Eddie said on TV last night that Songaila will be back before the break? That's news to us -- I thought he was out until late February.

Michael Lee: No, he began practicing last week and said he planned on returning before the All-Star break. He couldn't give a definite day but players don't start participating in full practices if they are a month away. Unless he has a major setback between now and then he should see the floor before Gilbert and possibly Caron are in Las Vegas.

Washington, D.C.: The only silver lining in Jamison's injury is that itfive games until Feb. 20.

Who can we expect to play power forward until Jamison gets back? A mixture of Booth, Blatche, Songaila and maybe Thomas? Is there a chance that Jordan will at least try Etan at power forward in this emergency? Did Jordan ever try that in preseason?

Ivan Carter: Anyone who regularly reads the blog Mike and I do understands that many in Wizard nation hate Eddie's tendency to play small-ball, but I think that's what he's going to do. Whether or not he starts Jarvis and Caron at forward, I see Eddie playing those two together with Brendan and Etan rotating at center and Gilbert, DeShawn and Antonio rotating at guard. The key will be how well Caron and Jarvis battle on the defensive boards against bigger guys. Jarvis said something interesting after the game last night, as if he understood the challenge that is facing him. "I was in there against C. Webb and Rasheed tonight and I gave up a lot of height and weight to them, but I'm not a weak guy so I'm not going to be beasted in the post. I wasn't letting those guys shove me around. We have to battle and then make them pay at the other end with our quickness."

Brooklyn N.Y.: Hey guys -- do you get a sense that the Wizards are a little too focused on being number one in the East right now while teams like the Suns and the Pistons keep talking about how the only thing that matters is advancing in the playoffs and winning a championship?

Michael Lee: You have to consider where the Pistons -- and to a lesser extent, the Suns -- have been. The Pistons have been to the Eastern Conference Finals four straight years and the NBA Finals in two of the past three years, so anything short of a championship is a disappointment for them. The Suns had the NBA's best record two years ago and have had their hearts broken in the Western Conference Finals the past two seasons. So you have to remember where they have been to get a sense of where they want to be. Last I checked the Wizards have won one playoff series in the past 25 years, so I don't see a problem in focusing on being the top seed -- you have to crawl before you run. The Pistons and Suns have been there, done that. If the Wizards can get to the conference finals, the bar will raised once again.

Washington: The Wizards were playing great in December, putting up tons of points. They have been playing great in late January too, but in a different and in my view more playoff-effective style. Ivan and Michael, do you share that view? It seems they are playing better defense and working for better shots on offense ever since teams started doubling Gilbert, and he has been playing more as a true point guard the past couple of weeks than I ever remember.

Ivan Carter: Great point -- and one I touched on in my notebook today. Did you notice the way Gilbert opened the game by driving and dishing off to Brendan for a couple of layups and then picking up another dime on a full-court pass to DeShawn? He had five assists in the first five minutes. Defensively they are clamping down better in key stretches. We're seeing more shot clock violations and just a better overall approach to rotations and cutting off dribble-penetration. True there are still patches where the old Wiz show up -- remember Rasheed and Prince both had wide open three point attempts late in that game last night and missed. The big key is how many steals and deflections these guys get -- it's really a hassle to play them because Gilbert, DeShawn and Caron have really fast hands and tend to snatch up anything loose in front of them. That leads to fastbreaks and easy shots in transition.

Washington: If Eddie Jordan is the All-Star Team coach, do his assistants work the game with him, or do other coaches from the league act as his assistants? I think it's the former, correct?

Ivan Carter: He brings his assistants with him. It's a pretty cool reward for a staff that has done a pretty damn good job in my opinion. And to think that some of my faithful blog readers have been calling for Eddie's head this season. I'm not saying he's Red Auerbach but the man has done a hell of job considering that this team has a thin bench and lost Etan Thomas for a chunk of the season.

Washington: What did you think of Kobe Bryant hitting Manu and the resulting suspension? I was watching the game on Sunday and the movement of his arm did not look natural for the follow through of a jump shot.

Michael Lee: Are you in the "unnatural basketball act" camp? You're right, though, Kobe exaggerated his arm flail in an attempt to draw a foul and he cold-cocked Manu. He was not following through on the shot, he was trying to force the officials to call a foul. Kobe went too far his attempt at acting. Maybe he should've conferenced with Jack Nicholson, who was seated right behind the play. 

That being said I don't think it warranted a suspension. Maybe a fine. Of course I'm saying this and my nose wasn't busted open by Kobe's elbow, but I don't think he tried to deck Manu as much as he was trying to initiate some contact. If it hadn't been such a violent swing -- and Ginobili hadn't looked like he had been sparring with the 1986 Mike Tyson -- he probably would've played yesterday in New York. Oh well, life goes on. Kobe keeps his rep as The Most Hated.

Woodbridge, Va.: Ivan: Much props to all the good reporting in the Caron and Jamison articles. The real surprise of the season is Haywood -- I would love to see an article on him and the reasons for his productivity (contract year?). The attitude adjustment and confidence is something I did not expect this year from him given Jordan's preference to E. Thomas. What do you see as Brendan's future with the Wizards?

Ivan Carter: It's not a contract year for Brendan but I do think that Eddie not starting him at the beginning of the season triggered something, because he's played far more consistently than last season and his relationship with Eddie is at least civil. The two even have slapped fives while Brendan checks out this season. That never happened last season. I think Eddie's handled him well by praising him through the media and encouraging him during practices and games. He's not going anywhere soon.

Washington: ML and IC: Thanks for the chats. Must be nice covering a contending team with a ton of interesting players. With Songaila, it's almost like a mid-season trade except the Wizards didn't have to give anything up. Not a bad deal. Saw the interview during the game on Comcast of Songaila. I liked what he had to say. How is he going to mesh with the (strong) personalities on the team? What kind of intangibles does he bring to the table? How he is going to improve the team and how many minutes he will end up playing once back in game shape? And what kind of numbers will he put up? Can we hope for 10 and 6? And do we anticipate him playing a lot more if Jamison is out for a while?

Ivan Carter: We all know how tricky backs can be but a buddy of mine who does orthopedic surgery and also has worked with a lot of people recovering from disk surgery said Darius should be able to blend his way back in gradually. The key is that they've taken it slow and brought him along one step at a time. Lately he's been banging and practicing at full speed. -- that tells me that he could be on the court for 6-10 minute stretches after the All-Star break. That would give him two full months to establish a groove with the fellas, get his legs under him and get ready for the playoffs.

As a player, he can stick the 15-18 foot jumper (perfect for pick-and-rolls with Gilbert, no?), he can rebound and he's an excellent passer, so he should fit perfectly into Eddie's offense. The passing may be his best attribute because none of their big men, even Antawn, are particularly good passers. I see him catching the ball in the high post area where he can either shot the J, drive to the hoop or make a pass to a cutting Gilbert, Caron or Antonio for a layup --Princeton Offense-style. He'll also be able to draw the opposing big man away from the hoop and that should open up driving lanes for Gilbert and Caron.

Atlanta: I follow the boards and the blogs but haven't seen as many games as I would like. Why all the fan hate for Jarvis? Is he really that bad out there? Did they just have much higher hopes?

Michael Lee: The reason the fans have been so hard on Jarvis is because he was drafted No. 10 four years ago and hasn't improved. He has suffered through a serious knee injury, and vowed to win the sixth man award and provide the fourth scoring option for the team before the season began. Unfortunately he has settled on being a jump-shooter and hasn't tried to expand his game in any way this season. Eddie has lost some faith in him too -- his minutes and production have dropped considerably this season. Hayes should get an opportunity to do more with Jamison out with his knee injury but the fans expected more of him, especially with this being a contract year.
I personally think the fans have come down a bit too hard on Hayes -- he gets booed every time he misses a shot -- but he has his chance to step up now. He's got to earn his keep right now. Otherwise, it'll get worse.

Reston, Va.: Have you ever asked Eddie what his philosophy on calling timeouts? When the opposing team is on a run I constantly am surprised that a timeout isn't called to try to slow down the momentum.

Ivan Carter: I really believe that many of Eddie's timeouts are based solely around Gilbert's frame of mind. If he's all worked up about not getting a call or is taking some quick shots, Eddie will burn a timeout and get everyone regrouped. In general he'll allow the guys to play through a bad stretch because they are capable of turning a game around with one shot on any given possession. That's life with the Wizards, where no 10-point deficit is a problem and no 10-point lead is safe. One key stat about Eddie's coaching however: the Wiz are 18-4 when leading at halftime and 23-2 when leading going into the fourth quarter. That's solid coaching and solid decision making by a veteran team.

Alexandria, Va.: Can you convince the Sports Department to switch the away records with the conference records in the daily standings table? The away records easily can be determined based on the home records, and conference tie-breakers have become relevant for the Wizards these past few years.

Ivan Carter: Good suggestion. I'll float it to the powers that be.

Awards: How realistic are the following awards: MVP-Gilbert Arenas, Most Improved-Caron Butler, Coach of the Year-Eddie Jordan, Executive of the Year-Ernie Grunfeld?

Michael Lee: Well, Gilbert will have a hard time beating out Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Kobe Bryant for the MVP, but he will certainly get some votes. Caron Butler has an excellent chance for most improved -- especially if he makes the All-Star team -- but he will have some stiff competition from Dallas's Josh Howard, Sacramento's Kevin Martin and Utah's Deron Williams.

As for Coach of the Year, I'd have to go with Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Mike D'Antoni or Avery Johnson before Eddie. And Executive of the Year might have to be Donnie Nelson of the Mavericks or Bryan Colangelo of the Raptors, if they can hold on to first place in the Atlantic. But Ernie is right up there.

Burtonsville, Md.: I know it's not until Saturday but what are your early thoughts on Kobe-Gil part two?

Michael Lee: Get your tickets now! You don't want to watch that one on TV. The only thing that would make that game more entertaining is if we get to watch Kwame Brown throw cake on the fans at halftime.

Another Vote for Eddie Jordan: The Wizards rarely get technicals, which I think can be partly attributed to Eddie Jordan's control of his team. Sure, Butler is a mature guy with his you-know-what together, but he's been on the bad end of a lot of bad calls, and hasn't gotten T'ed up that I can remember (and I watch every game). Similar examples can be cited for other Wizards. EJ deserves some credit for his players' display of maturity and discipline, correct?

Ivan Carter: I have a philosophy about this: players and coaches who get a lot of techs tend to be jerks in real life. Those who don't tend to be decent human beings. Eddie's a solid all-around guy though he's good for an explosion every now and then (at San Antonio he lost it pretty good and was slapped with a $15,000 fine) but in general he doesn't carry himself with the arrogance and sense of entitlement that some coaches do (Phil Jackson comes to mind). And  this team's key leaders -- Gilbert, Caron and Antawn, all are good dudes, so they tend to keep their arguments from going across the line. I've played a ton of basketball in my life and I've come to realize that people who act like jerks on the court -- ball hogging, yelling at teammates, crying about every single call -- also are jerks off the court.

Washington: This is a follow up to Michael's answer regarding Jarvis. I've noticed that in recent years, D.C. fans have had at least one whipping boy on the Wizards that they have booed. Stackhouse three years ago, Kwame two years ago, Haywood last year and now Jarvis. Anytime any one of those guys did anything wrong in their particular year, the "fans" booed them. One "highlight" I remember in particular was a game when Kwame came into a game for the first time, within a few seconds stole the ball, was fouled, and fans started booing when he missed the first free throw. I guess my question is whether this is typical throughout the league, or is D.C. special in that some fans like to have someone to boo every season?

Michael Lee: What about Juwan Howard six or seven years ago? D.C. fans like to boo, but it's like that everywhere. When a player is with a team for a long time and doesn't improve the fans get tired of the same old act and they turn on him. It happened to Mike Dunleavy in Golden State; it even happened to Steve Nash during his early years in Dallas. Fans are harsh. They want to win. If somebody on their team is hurting the team in their opinion, they will let him know.

Gaithersburg, Md.: The Wiz beat Detroit twice in one week, are 10 games above .500 (which is the highest I've seen them in probably, well, my whole life!) and are sitting nicely at the top spot in the East. Why can I still not see them winning a seven-game series against Detroit? I'm sure even Cleveland or Miami would give them fits. I'm sure there are other loyal Wizards fans that feel the same way. Your thoughts?

Ivan Carter: I think they would take Detroit in a seven game series, especially if the Wiz had home court, and here's why: 1) Chauncey Billups can't stay in front of Gilbert. No chance. 2) Caron can get the best of his matchup with Tayshaun Prince. 3) Antawn's ability to shoot the three-ball forces Rasheed or C. Webb away from the basket and opens the floor for Gilbert, Caron and DeShawn to drive. 4) Until Songaila gets going, Washington's huge weakness is bench scoring -- but Detroit's bench is even worse. Nobody coming off that bench -- L. Hunter, McDyess, Delfino, Flip Murray -- presents a consistent threat. 5) Chemistry. The Wizards like one another, play well with one another and are hungry. The Pistons play like they are working the 10 p.m.-6 a.m. shift at a factory -- it's work to them. And they don't exactly love Flip Saunders, I'll put it that way.

Washington: If you were Eddie, who would you definitely not want to play against in the first round of the playoffs? Orlando?

Ivan Carter: Miami. I don't care what's happening now. D-Wade and Shaq in a seven-game series with the way refs call their games is scary.

Flint, Mich.: Michael, having had the chance to talk with some of the Pistons a couple of weeks ago, do you agree with Ivan about them going through the motions for Flip Saunders?

Michael Lee: Yes. I said it a few weeks ago in my blog about Rasheed Wallace. They have some serious issues in Detroit, which were brought to light during the playoffs last season and again when Ben Wallace bounced to Chicago. The problem with Detroit is that Flip doesn't have a ring and his players do. So whose word is going to mean more to that locker room? The blinged-out players or the bling-less coach?

Woodbridge, Va.: Question was posed to Wilbon earlier in the week, will ask y'all for your thoughts. Brendan Haywood, Jarvis Hayes, Andre Blatche, draft rights to Juan Carlos Navarro, a new car, a $50 gift certificate to Chipotle, lunch with Susan O'Malley (her pick, her rules) and an autographed Gheorge Muresan jersey to Memphis for Pau Gasol.

Ivan Carter: I wouldn't do it. I know that sounds crazy but the way this team is playing, why screw with the chemistry that has been established? Gasol is a heck of an offensive player but can't guard me. This team has scorers -- as long as Antawn comes back okay -- and the way Brendan is playing, this team needs him. Besides, he's 26 and getting better.

Baltimore: Do you put any credence into ESPN's theory that Kobe did what he did because he thought Bruce Bowen was guarding him? Bowen banged him earlier on the same possession.

Ivan Carter: Just the post I put up earlier about jerks and non-jerks. I put Kobe in the first category. I've just seen too many examples of him berating teammates, degrading referees (a ref once rolled the ball to him at the free throw line and he looked down, watched the ball roll by and told the ref to pick it up -- hands-down the most arrogant thing I've seen an athlete do) and generally acting like a spoiled tennis star to think otherwise. But that's just me.

Washington: Are you surprised to see Larry Hughes struggling so badly in Cleveland? He looked kind of lost Sunday against the Suns...

Michael Lee: No, I'm not surprised Larry Hughes is struggling in Cleveland -- you can tell by his body language on the court that he isn't happy there. I really like Mike Brown as a person, but his offense is boring and predictable: Let LeBron dribble out the clock until he gets a shot or decides to pass; everyone else stand around. Hughes was happiest when he played in a free-flowing offense here in Washington. Eddie Jordan gave him the freedom to push the ball, get out on the run and finish. Cleveland likes to play that old San Antonio possession game, which doesn't complement Larry's talents -- he's not a shooter and scores in a similar fashion to James.

Say what you will about Gilbert but the fact remains that his offense doesn't necessarily come at the expense of his teammates. That isn't the case in Cleveland, where everybody not named LeBron disappears from game to game. Plus Larry still is struggling with an ankle injury. He cannot stay healthy, which makes it even more difficult.

Miami Heat: If you're the Miami Heat, last day of season ... win gets you No. 7 seed, a loss gets you a No. 8 seed to play the Wizards ... what do you do?

Ivan Carter: Depends on who else they would play. If it's between the Wiz and Detroit, I ask for the Wiz simply because D-Wade and Shaq have owned this team for so long. There's a huge edge there. Plus Washington isn't nearly as tough a place to play as Detroit. That joint is a zoo come playoff time.

Fairfax, Va.: Do you the disaster with Kwame Brown has influenced the way that the Wizards are very slowly bringing Blatche along?

Michael Lee: You cannot compare Kwame Brown to Andray Blatche -- these are two totally different situations. Brown was the No. 1 pick! Blatche went in the late second round. Brown played under the unfair expectations of being a franchise player. Blatche is just trying to be a rotation player. The goals are much, much different. Once again, now that Antawn is down, Andray has his chance to show Eddie something. The Wizards have been waiting. He's getting his shot, he just isn't doing enough with it.

RE: Respect in the East: Frankly, I'm glad that we seem to be flying under the radar so far. What, do we want to have all the teams gunning for us every single night? Let the media do what they do, just keep winning!

Ivan Carter: A take on the respect issue. I agree, it's all overrated. Who remembers what people are saying about a given team in January? It's the final record and what you do in May and June that matters. The rest is just filler. Like what me and Mike do for a living. Wait, take that back...

Buyout?: Fellas, what's the status of Steve Francis? In the wake of Eddie Jones and Chris Webber taking buyouts to get to contenders, is Francis next? Is there interest or is he too far gone to salvage?

Michael Lee: So far the Knicks and Francis's representatives deny that are discussing a buyout, but it was curious that Francis joined the team this week after spending the past few weeks in Houston supposedly rehabbing a sore knee. He may really be hurt, but it looks like he is dealing more with frustration because he doesn't look anything like Stevie Franchise or Steve-O. His boy Cuttino Mobley even clowned him. It's been rough on the guy.

I would say Francis is probably next in line to get bought out, though. I cannot see how or why the Knicks would need him and I cannot see another team that will be willing to swallow that horrific contract. He might get his freedom after the All-Star break.

Ashburn, Va.: What happened to Chris Webber? Guy has less ups than his old teammate Gheorge Muresan. Sad.

Michael Lee: What happened to Webber? He had microfracture surgery and he's 33 years old. He has to win with smarts and skills now. That's about all he has left.

Rockville, Md.: I think part of the excitement about the Wizards being in first place in the Conference in January (besides a possible All-Star appearance for Eddie Jordan) is that Wizard fans are worried about how long it will last. Many of us are waiting for something to happen (might last night's injury be the event?) to keep the Wizards from remaining on top. Can they possibly keep this going all season? I told my 11-year-old son last night when they were up by 19 in the first half that the game would be close at the end, and unfortunately I was right -- but they won. Can they keep it up?

Ivan Carter: Look, I grew up a Minnesota Vikings fan so I'm the last guy in the world to tell a fan base that it shouldn't worry about the wheels coming off of a good thing. Remember 1998? Best offense in football, domefield advantage, Falcons in the NFC Championship -- and Gary Anderson missed a field goal. I knew he would. That's what that team does to me. I hate them ... but every summer I talk myself into "this being the year."

But seriously, just try to relax and enjoy this. You've got a superstar in the making, a pair of legit sidekicks, a good coach, a roster full of decent human beings who won't make you think twice about slapping one of their jerseys on your kid, a GM who knows what the heck he's doing and a bright future.

Office Cubicle, N.W. Washington: Maybe the Jamison injury is a blessing in disguise. It's been banged up so much this first half of the year, it might be better for him to take extended time off now and let it heal for later in the year.

Ivan Carter: Not a bad point considering that Antawn played all summer with Team USA, traveled to Asia and got a short break before training camp. He's been carrying heavy minutes and will have to be fresh down the stretch. If he were to get hurt, this is the time.

Ivan Carter: Folks, Mike Lee is covering for me at Toronto tonight and I'm getting the night off. I'll be watching from the couch like everyone else. Enjoy.

Washington: Enough of these Jamison for Garnett trades. Why are we wise Wizards fans willing to let Antawn go for so little? He's worth Duncan and Parker, although Ernie might have to throw in Cal Booth to make the salaries work. Would one of you suggest it at the next presser? Thanks and keep up the good work.

Michael Lee: See, this is what I'm talking about. If you're going to go for it, go all the way. I'm with you.

Boston: What does Doc Rivers have to do to get fired? Dig up Red Auerbach's grave?

Michael Lee: At the beginning of the season, Celtics GM Danny Ainge said he wouldn't fire Doc if he didn't win another game. Well, Doc is holding him to his word right now. I really don't know what Doc can do without Paul Pierce and bunch of college-aged players. That team is a bit of a mess.

Webber: Good article by Mr. Wise today on Chris Webber. My only recollection of Webber was his off-court distractions, such as the time the police pulled him over but he would not get out of his car until he finished his cell phone call. Maybe he if was not such a prima donna, he would have been more productive as a Bullet. And I never remember hearing that he worked overtime on his game (like Arenas and Butler did/do).

washingtonpost.com: Webber's Deja Vu (Post, Jan. 31)

Michael Lee: Just wanted to post this.

Anonymous: Who would win one-on-one, Michael or Ivan?

Michael Lee: Maybe we'll get together and play each other on pay-per-view. Would you pay?

Michael Lee: All right, people. I've got to ready for the game. I had fun today. Talk to you next week.

Editor's Note: washingtonpost.com moderators retain editorial control over Live Online discussions and choose the most relevant questions for guests and hosts; guests and hosts can decline to answer questions. washingtonpost.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties.

© 2007 The Washington Post Company

Discussion Archive

Viewpoint is a paid discussion. The Washington Post editorial staff was not involved in the moderation.

Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity