Gulf Oil Spill Update -- White House Debriefing Live Video Chat

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
Ed OKeefe
Tuesday, June 1, 2010; 2:00 PM

Ed OKeefe: Welcome to our Tuesday video recap of the daily press briefing, I'm Ed O'Keefe, author of The Federal Eye, pinch hitting for my White House colleagues today.Robert Gibbs faced several lines of questioning on two big topics of concern: The ongoing response to the Gulf Coast oil spill and Monday's incident involving a floatilla of ships off the coast of Israel.Gibbs hemmed and hawed his way through the exchange, and also faced queries on the Joe Sestak affair and the aparent death of al Qaeda's #3.

Israel flotilla attack: What is the Obama administration's position on the flotilla attack bound for Gaza? Will they press for a UN investigation of the incident?

Flotilla investigatin: Who will be involved in the international investigation in the incident, and what do you think their goals will be?

Negotiation?: Has the flotilla incident poisoned the atmosphere regarding talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians?

Gulf likely outcome: Reports say that drilling the second well will take until mid-August. How concerned is the administration about this dragging on for that long?

Oil spill: Who is in control? The administration or BP?

© 2010 The Washington Post Company

Discussion Archive

Viewpoint is a paid discussion. The Washington Post editorial staff was not involved in the moderation.

Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity