Tuesday's stock market plunge, saving vs. spending, Tesla IPO -- Economy Dept. with Frank Ahrens, a live video discussion

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
Frank Ahrens
Wednesday, June 30, 2010; 11:00 AM

Join Economy Watch blogger Frank Ahrens for a live video discussion about Tuesday's stock market plunge, saving vs. spending and the Tesla IPO. Send us your questions and Frank will answer them live on screen.

Andrea Caumont: What does it mean?

Andrea Caumont: The U.S. consumer is saving instead of spending. What does that mean for our economy?

Andrea Caumont: So what?

Is it a depression?: In that other paper Paul Krugman says that we're in the "third depression," caused by a failure of policy. What do you think of the decisions that came out of the G-20? Is Krugman right? Is tightening our belts only making things worse?

The Office just won't be the same!: Steve Carrell: Awesome boss or greatest boss ever?

Cassano comes out of hiding: What do you think he'll say?

Investing and saving: I know I'm in the minority, but I have to say that I INCREASED my TSP contribution starting in the late fall of 2009. I pay my credit card every payday in order to ensure that I'm never late. My personal savings account isn't very big. I do feed it, but not much. That's next year's goal. This year's is to pay off the credit card.

© 2010 The Washington Post Company

Discussion Archive

Viewpoint is a paid discussion. The Washington Post editorial staff was not involved in the moderation.

Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity