First Things First -- Tracee Hamilton on the latest sports news

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
Tracee Hamilton
Wednesday, November 24, 2010; 9:30 AM

Every morning, Post columnist Tracee Hamilton discusses the most amazing and outrageous news from the world of sports.

Check out the hook while Ms. T.H. revolves it: People are funny. I think if Starbucks offered a twelve pump eighth-skim upside-down caramel mocha turkey macchiato with jimmies people would buy it, but only if they could customize every last ingredient (and probably hold the turkey). I ponder this kind of thing as I wait for my simple iced coffee (black as my soul, bitter as a Redskins fan in December, cold as Shanny's eyes) behind these people whose drinks take a half hour to make. It was such an epiphany for me to realize I'm a cold beverage person (took years to figure out why I liked coffee flavor but not actual coffee) and I was so glad to discover I'm not the only one. Ice Ice Tracee (ding ding ding ding dig-a-ding ding...) (word to your motha)

Tracee Hamilton: I had to start with this one because it's just such a Hamiltime kind of post. Thanks! And I, too, hate getting behind people with all these complicated orders (2 shots! No foam! Whatever!)And good morning, everyone! Let's get started!Oh, and as I suspected, no chat Friday. We'll have so much to discuss by Monday, won't we?

I know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you're enjoying the Heat's woes!: I have to confess that I am. I'm not one of those taking-enjoyment-out-of-the-misfortune-of-others kind of guy, but LeBron durng the off season was so over the top out of touch and just, well, so LeBroney, that it's great seeing his team fail thus far. Of course, having said that, watch them go on a 34-7 run. What thinketh thou?

Tracee Hamilton: I am enjoying it. I try not to chortle over this because, as you say, eventually they might pull it together, but when they had to beg their fans to show up and stay till the end of the game, I really did have to laugh. Fan Up! Don't those people realize they are missing an opportunity to see the greatest team ever assembled? Oh, wait...And meanwhile, Shaq seems to be fitting in quite nicely in Boston, a move a lot of people pooh-poohed. So I'm happy about that, too.

Hold everything--Meat Loaf is OUT!: http://www.neatorama.com/2008/11/21/turbaconducken/

Tracee Hamilton: I've heard of this but I could go a long time without having to see it again.

Thank you: Just wanted to say thanks - you're one of the few sports reporters in the Post that doesn't have a hidden or not so hidden agenda.

Tracee Hamilton: Well, thanks!

Wizards: Yes they are up and down, but are they fun to watch or what? You can see guys like McGee and Young finally figuring it out. More importantly it seems they are having fun! Have a couple years to go, but we have the makings of something big here.

Tracee Hamilton: I sure didn't think they'd pull that game out last night. Good for them. They need those home wins.

You "went street" in the NU press box?: Ms. H: You HAVE TO provide more details about your comment from yesterday. Since Bo Pelini has apologized for his ridiculous actions last Saturday night (indefensible - even though the refs were atrocious), and that was just a few days back, you can tell us what precipitated your outburst in the 1980s in Lincoln. I hope it wasn't idiotic NU fans (there are a few - just a few, thank the lord). Please root for NU over CU this Friday, or you-know-who might go to the Big 12 Championship. AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING AHG

Tracee Hamilton: Okay, well, when I was in college women weren't allowed in the locker rooms, and I accepted that, but at some places I traveled, women were treated badly in general. Reporters would make their way to the sideline at the end of a game, for instance, then go to the locker room. A horde of men would go through the gates, with no one checking their credentials, and then I would try and be stopped, prodded, poked, and sometimes refused entry -- even though I had the same credential everyone else did. That happened at Nebraska. One of the coaches, I think, saw me and rescued me. But I was treated pretty badly up there, and in the press box too. In fact, some of the worst treatment I received was at the hands of other reporters. So I had a bit of a meltdown in the ladies room.

Would you, if asked, do a cameo on Ghost Hunters?: I think I might. Would you? Also, is it horribly wrong to admit that I don't have a mancrush on an athlete, but rather on that "Jason Hawes" guy from Ghost Hunters. I'm not sure why I put quotation marks around "Jason Hawes." Also, what are your feelings about the overuse or misuse of quotation marks? For some reason, I find this hilarious.

Tracee Hamilton: It's funny when you put quote marks around someone's actual name, for some reason. I like Jason. He lost a ton of weight from the last taping and he looks great. And last week they had Meat Loaf on as a guest again. I love it when he's on. I love his music and he seems like he'd be fun. So I want to do a guest spot on GH with Meat Loaf. Tonight, they have the Housewives of Atlanta, which I find offensive. But I'll still watch.

Tracee, we beg you to share with us why you destroyed a bathroom: But if you don't want to, that's okay, too. Something to consider: just KNOWING that you thrashed a bathroom has elevated you even more in our estimation, if I might be so bold.

Tracee Hamilton: I sort of knocked one of those metal doors off its hinge. My bad.

LeBron & Paycut?: Hi Tracee, thanks for taking my question. So, the other day, I had a mini argument with someone regarding LeBron & how much disrespect I have for him. This other person said that Lebron took a paycut to play for Miami, is that correct? I still do not like LeBron for the way he decided to head over to Miami. Happy Thanksgiving-eve! :)

Tracee Hamilton: It seems to me that he actually did, as I recall. He could have made more staying in Cleveland but knew he'd have to take less if all three of those guys were going to get paid.

Pitt Won Last Night!: Pitt won; #2 & #4 both lost. I'm hoping this will move us up. Congrats to the Wizards for their overtime victory. Also congrats to Coach K for victory #800. What a great achievement! I'd like to celebrate with a frozen mudslide, but I'd settle for a pink squirrel.

Tracee Hamilton: I think K-State will find that being among the top-ranked teams in the country isn't as much fun as it appears. I always hate it when KU is No. 1 or No. 2. It's like being the Miami Heat -- everyone wants a piece of you. Duke should be very familiar with the concept.

While You're Watching Football, Some Are Not: "People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -- Rogers Hornsby. Happy Turkey, T-Ham, from a chatter who doesn't care what the Redskins or any other NFL team does, but who comes here every morning to learn what you have to say.

Tracee Hamilton: Thanks, same to you, and thanks for the great quote as well.

"Playoffs?!?": Jason Reid needs to watch the Jim Mora Sr. video again

Tracee Hamilton: Ha!

The Wizards: Nick Young and Javale McGee have been playing like men possessed lately, which is good to see. Do you think the Wizards will extend Nick Young a contract after this season? And in your opinion should the Wizards offer him an extension?

Tracee Hamilton: Too soon to say. Young's problem is defense. I don't think they'll be making any contract decisions for awhile. There is always a chance that Ernie and Flip could be gone next season. I see this season as a sort of experiment; how well does everyone mesh and what does Ted think of his coach and GM.

Baseball books: Hi, this is "Section 405" again. Funny you should have mentioned "The Glory of Their Times" in your response to my data dump about managers (must have been the ghost of John McGraw). I just returned that book to the library last Saturday, so I'm fully up on Charles Fausrt.After I finish with a long but interesting book about the English Civil War, I have the three books of baseball oral history collected by Fay Vincent that cover payers of the 30's-40's, 50's-60's, and '70's-80s, that were explicitly intended to extend Honig's book.For those looking for more baseball reading for the winter, I can strongly suggest that great, entertaining, and well-written book that gives a true view of what it was like to pitch in the majors in the era before free agency. If you were thinking "Ball Four" by Bouton, bzzt! Thanks for playing!The one I had in mind is Jim Brosnan's "The Long Season", which is one of the few sports autobiographies that we can be pretty sure was 100% written by the guy whose name is on the cover. It's available in the DCPL system (try MLK). I wish I could find the copy I lost somewhere of his "Pennant Race" about the 1961 Reds season. No copies in DC or Montgomery Co.Another recommendation, also available in the library, is Bill James' "This Time, Let's Not Eat The Bones". For those who think of James as the arch-sabermetrician stat geek, this is a collection of his writings shorn of statistics that proves he's a serious kick-ass writing talent.His essay on Don Mossi, a pitcher from the '50's who was picked by Bill James' wife, Susie, as the ugliest player of all time is alone worth the price of admission. It starts with "Dom Mossi had two careers, one as a reliever an one as a starter, and he was pretty darned good at both. No one who saw him play remembers that, because Mossi's ears looked as if they had been borrowed from a much larger species, and reattached without proper supervision. His nose was crooked, his eyes were in the wrong place... he looked like Gary Gaetti escaping from Devil's Island. ", and then gets better. Hint - google for "Don Mossi ugly" and you'll get several hits on the article. And look at his picture and tell me that James was wrong.... The o

Tracee Hamilton: This is a first; I've never had a submission cut off before, as far as I can remember. But thanks for the recommendations; as we face a cold snap, it's always good to have a few books standing by.The best-written sports book I ever read was "The Courtship of Marcus Dupree" by the late and very great Willie Morris. You would love this book even if you hate football. Morris could flat-out write. I did a spread about the book at the Free Press all those years ago and a friend who had moved to Mississippi showed it to Morris. He sent me the nicest note and an autographed copy of another of his books, and I then read pretty much everything he wrote. My God, he was talented. Gone too soon.Officially the longest Q&A ever.

What I'm thankful for: The interwebs for letting me follow the Days of DMV Sports Lives from 850 miles away, Tracee helping us laugh at it all to keep from going insane, and the following recipe: Make two boxes of chocolate pudding, mix with 1/3 cup peanut butter and 8 oz. Cool Whip. Pour in pie crust and let it set in freezer for a couple hours. Yumm. I'm making two today: one for the house I'm visiting tomorrow and one for myself (and maybe a piece or two for my kids if they behave). Happy Thanksgiving!

Tracee Hamilton: You know what would be great on that? Freeze up a Butterfinger, crush it and sprinkle on top. Trust me.

Is Tony Kornheiser really orange?: Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Tracee! Before you zip off to Kansas (if that's where you're going), I gotta know: is Kornheiser really orange? I know he claims to be, and on my tv he looks profoundly orange, but is he orange in real life? If so, is it cool for you to know an orange person?

Tracee Hamilton: He is not orange. I was never sure why he thought he was but that was one of those things I chose not to explore. With Tony, you have to pick your spots.

Defacing the ladies' room: Alright. Let's hear it, young lady.

Tracee Hamilton: See above.

Vince Y.: Tracee, how would you react if someone said this to you on their way out the door "I'm not quitting on my chat room team, I'm quitting on your blankety, blank blank" and then your boss made you make up with the person? Doesn't the Titans owner know you can't have a quarterback who doesn't put in the work (Brady, Manning, et.al. work their butts off on preparation) or one who swears at his head coach? Is Jeff Fisher long for the world in Nashville?

Tracee Hamilton: I'll start with a caveat: Bud Adams is a very rich KU alum who built, among other things, our alumni center, so I'm partial to Bud. That said, if Bud tried to make me keep Young I'd leave. He's Jeff Fisher; he can get a job anywhere and there are plenty of them to go around.

Estelle Costanza: Tracee, how great was this: I go out to get a quart of milk, and come home and find my son treating his body like it was an amuuuuusement park. Too bad you can't do THAT for a living. You'd be very successful. You'd sell out Madison Square Garden! Thousands of people to come to see you!

Tracee Hamilton: Thanks for the laugh! The Costanzas were so great. Remember when Frank was telling George the details of a bra and made Estelle go get one? Oh, Lord...I also was lucky enough to see the Keith Hernandez spitting episode the other night. Magic!

Ghost Hunters: My cousins' home was featured on one of the early episodes of Ghost Hunters. We were a bit jealous that they got to hang out with Brian and Steve. They said that Grant has kept in touch with them since then. Which, considering how "big" GH has become, says something.

Tracee Hamilton: Wow, which one? Give me a hint; I'm sure I've seen it. I wasn't crazy about Brian but I love Steve and Tango.

Dr. Pepper: I've heard that the "secret formula" for Dr. Pepper includes prune juice. Any truth? In any event, I still consider it to be the Cadillac of soft drinks.

Tracee Hamilton: This is what I've been told but I've never been sure if that's an urban myth.

Sleepless in Mount Vernon: TraceeTed's Boulez have now won the same number of games as Danny's Redcoats. Coincidence? Seriously, when they are not getting blown out the Wizards have some interesting parts. 3 very good guards, an emerging athletic monster at center, and a 7 foot power forward. Not too shabby. Now if they just had 3 other reliable players and some chemistry they might have something.

Tracee Hamilton: I think they will be entertaining to watch at times this season. They are certainly more fun when Wall plays, but they got by all right without him, which was something, at least.

What I'm Thankful For Part 2: I forgot one: I'm thankful that I get to leave work today at 10:30, so like, right after this chat!

Tracee Hamilton: Good for you! I'm sure by 10:30 the roads will be snarled and I hate to think of the poor people in the airports. My sister and b-in-law expect to be here between 6 and 7. I'm thinking 10-ish.

Cemeteries: Was cemetery research once part of an old journalism job, or is it just a personal hobby? How do you pick which ones you go to?

Tracee Hamilton: Personal hobby. I decided to catalog every cemetery in my home county. Some had been done well, some not at all, some done but not well. So I've been working on that for quite some time and have one to go. I've published two indexes thus far. It's a never-ending hobby. I also am in the process of collecting and transcribing every obituary published in the county since 1873 (first newspaper). I've made a good dent in that, too.I'm very comfortable with death, I just realized.

wait!: Atlanta Housewives on Ghost Hunters??? That I have to see!

Tracee Hamilton: I think it will be car wreck TV. I'll definitely watch. But I'd rather they didn't muck around with my show!

"...a chatter who doesn't care what the Redskins or any other NFL team does, but who comes here every morning to learn what you have to say.": Hey, I thought I was the only one.

Tracee Hamilton: Awwwww. I know Mondays are hard for you folks so I do appreciate it.

K-State: Yep - it was a tough night last night! I'm hoping that KU wasn't watching and getting any pointers on how to shut Pullen down. But I think Martin's boys will learn and grow. I am SO looking forward to the matchups with the 'Hawks in Lawrence and Manhattan this year. Happy Thanksgiving! -K-Stater

Tracee Hamilton: Hey, K-Stater, same to you! You have a really good team and those games are going to be epic this year. I'll be shutting off the TV and marching and singing on those nights; I can't take the tension.

Ghost Hunting: Oh, please. If there's a reason to watch "Ghost Hunters" it's to see mega-hottie Kris Williams, sexy glasses or not. Keep all the male doofuses in the van.

Tracee Hamilton: Well, you'll forgive me if I don't watch to see Kris, although I agree she is cute as a button.

Starbucks Conspiracy: I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I prefer Convenience Store Coffee(pour your own). Stay thirsty my friends.

Tracee Hamilton: His mother has a tattoo that says, "Son."Those commercials are so great!

Border War: Tracee, if your going home for Thanksgiving are you going to attend the "Border War" game at Arrowhead? (That is the Mizzou-Kansas game for those who don't know it is one of the longest, most heated rivalries in college football).

Tracee Hamilton: Nope, not going home. I assume we'll be watching that one here. My nephew also loves the Hawks. I do wish they'd put those games back on campus where they belong, but I'm sure that won't happen.

I thankful for Tracee: Without her, there's nowhere else to air my ill considered opinions. I'm also thankful in advance for Brett completely falling apart on Sunday.

Tracee Hamilton: I'm thankful that all of you come to chat and don't mind when we talk about ghosts and beverages and Kansas on occasion. :)

Baseball Books Con't: I'm not the original poster, but I'd add a few recent options for the baseball books list: "Are We Winning?" by Will Leitch, about the bond it provides between children and parents; "The Heart of the Game" by S.L. Price, about the death of Mike Coolbaugh and the struggle of the batter who hit the line drive that killed him to recover from his grief; and "The Rocket that Fell to Earth" by Jeff Pearlman, about Roger Clemens and his deal-with-the-devil to extend his career at the cost of his reputation. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tracee Hamilton: More autumnal reading...

re: Ghost Hunters House: It was a home in Jersey. Grant and Jason focused on them mentioning that they saw a dark figure in their bedroom, which my cousins found odd because they barely mentioned that in the pre-show interview. Might have been a season two or season three episode.

Tracee Hamilton: Sounds vaguely familiar. Some of the houses they visit have been really interesting.

The Picture of John Wall Screaming: in Victory is fantastic. It's Thanksgiving Eve and I'm thankful for a truly fabulous Sports Section, and for your daily humor and Kansas good sense. May you waive the wheat tomorrow and enjoy a well-earned warm and relaxing holiday!

Tracee Hamilton: Love this enthusiasm, and thanks! Same to you!

Brett Favre: Please give Sally Jenkins a high-five from me for her great piece on Favre today. Couldn't have said it better myself (and didn't).

Tracee Hamilton: Sally, you've been high-fived (Sally's a regular chat reader, bless her heart). Sal, don't forget you need to come on as a guest!

Happy T-Day: Tracee, like Rogers, I can't wait for spring, so we're heading to tropical climes for Thanksgiving. Alas, no baseball where we're going either. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and please avoid all bacon wrapped fowl.

Tracee Hamilton: Have a safe and non-violated trip!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWA: Any chance the VIRGINIA CAVALIERS upset the castrated turkeys this weekend? UVA is putrid, but they can run the ball a little, and VPI has suspect run defense.

Tracee Hamilton: Well, I'm a little doubtful, but since I'm world's worst picker, that's probably a good sign for the Cavs.

TOcho: the show is horrible, and on versus i mean why not put it on trutv or the history channel which seems to have everything but history on it these days. Seriously, TO calls out McNabb and now Revis, why not try and win a few more games before mouthing off. I hate this guy and am so happy danny boy never went after him.

Tracee Hamilton: This is a guy with some serious issues. I wonder what becomes of him when his career is done. A guy so desperate for attention -- it will be ugly.

"May you waive the wheat tomorrow" : So that's how you get gluten-free rolls...

Tracee Hamilton: Ha!

Ex-Tex Cuisine: In DFW we made Frito pie: dump some 7-11 chili dog topping into a bag of Fritos, pour a Diet Coke (if it's breakfast) or pop a Shiner Bock, and you can eat-n-drive. Also, on behalf of the Ex-Tex now Florida chapter of UConn Husky Nation, I'd just like to point out that WE'RE BACK, BABY!

Tracee Hamilton: Hmmmmmmmmmm.

good-by to the 1980s . . .: Ms. H: All praise to you and the other women who had to go through that nonsense. I'm old enough to remember going though Tennessee in the mid-1950s and asking my Mom about the various facilities that were marked "white" and "colored" and being told that was just the way things were. Well, while "things" sure aren't perfect yet, but we have come a long way. I trust in a few more years "don't ask, don't tell" will be well behind us and the younger folks will wonder what all the fuss was about. AHG

Tracee Hamilton: AHG: I sure hope so. It's been one of the great things about the column, that that nonsense just doesn't happen. At least not like it used to. I had some adventures with the Pistons as well.

Check it out, check it out: The real deal is Mexican Coke in bottles. Real cane sugar, man, and I know where you can get it. Don't tell me my body can't tell the difference between corn syrup and cane sugar. My mouth can. But you gotta be cool......

Tracee Hamilton: I can't stand straight up Coke, but I believe you. I have heard that the Mexican version is better. I know I can't drink Diet Coke overseas -- too sweet -- and suspect it's for much the same reason.

The Costanzas, part 2: And how about when Frank told Estelle, "I worked out with a dumbell today. I feel VIGOROUSSSS!" And for the bra episode you referenced... "you have the A, the B, the C, the D. D's the biggest. There's cups on the front, 2 loops on the back..." Painfully classic.

Tracee Hamilton: Don't get ketchup on it! Oh, man...

Starbucks: I really thought I'd seen everything at Starbucks, but yesterday morning I saw a woman ask for her very complicated espresso drink in a double cup. The barista obliged, and then the woman still took one of those cardboard heat protector rings to put around the two cups. I'm still baffled as to what that was all about.

Tracee Hamilton: She is a delicate genius and her hands couldn't take the heat? Beats me. I don't get people most days.

Ryan Zimmerman: So maybe I'm late to the show on this, but I just saw his kazoo jazz commercial last night. I'm not really a Nats follower, but this was so endearing that I'm automatically a fan now.

Tracee Hamilton: I was late to that one, and to the one of him and Bruce dancing, which I found somewhat disturbing, even haunting, like the first time I saw the Teletubbies.

Dr Pepper: Not an urban myth ahs prune juice in it. Back in the good ole days it did contain a controlled substance just like coke.Hopefully your meatlof was beef, veal and pork and not all ground beef or even worse ground turkey.Dr Pepper makes a great glaze for ham.

Tracee Hamilton: There's the prune juice answer. No, we're all beef on the meat loaf. I had to order special oats; hope it turns out. Can't make it as well as mom.

I'm Thankful For: Adam Dunn being offered arbitration. I hope it works out. Can I say I'm thankful for Ryan Zimmerman without you calling me a stalker again (haven't mentioned him in a month!). Happy Thanksgiving, Tracee and everyone out there!

Tracee Hamilton: I have been worried; glad to see you're back at it! And Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Baseball Fiction: Don't forget W.P. Kinsella's "The Iowa Baseball Confederacy" and "Shoeless Joe." Both classics. (Did you know Kinsella is a world-class Scrabble player? Also has some serious writer's block issues, it would seem.) -K-Stater

Tracee Hamilton: More reading. And no, I had no idea. He can write, for sure.

Caps: From Katie's report, it sounds like our boys knew that a bag skate was coming and from their quotes, it almost sounds like they welcomed it as a form of penance. It is only November. They'll be fine come April.

Tracee Hamilton: Good attitude.

Tigers Stole My Catcher???: Tigers sign VMart - what say you, Tracee?Are they still kicking the tires on Adam Dunn?This lifelong Red Sox fan, with plenty of Fenway Park seat time, has to admit that the best ballpark for watching a game was indeed Tiger Stadium. Upper deck, behind third base....priceless! The vendors were friendly and helpful....I do miss it.

Tracee Hamilton: I haven't heard much about Dunn lately, other than arbitration. I need to check on that. And yes, the old place was super. I thought about driving other there when I was in Detroit and then thought better of it. In my mind it's still there and I want to leave it like that. Wish I had done the same instead of visiting the old Freep building.

Another reason to love Chic-Fil-A: Besides the clever ads, they have Diet Dr. Pepper on tap. Perfect for washing down your fried chicken and waffle fries. mmm, waffle fries...

Tracee Hamilton: Someone's ready for lunch!

Kosher Coke: is made with real sugar. Stock up at Passover

Tracee Hamilton: Ah! Good tip.

T.O.'s Post-Football Opportunity: Maybe he can team up with Brett Favre for a "Real World"-style reality show. They'd probably just end up spending all their time fighting over who gets to go into the confessional booth....

Tracee Hamilton: There's a show I'd skip.Wait, I forgot, who won "Dancing with the Stars"? Hey, I got one right, everyone! (Confetti being released from nets in the baseball ceiling.)

Favre: Did you read Sally Jenkins' column this morning? If so, what did you think? I think she pretty much hit it out of the park. Yesterday you quoted someone who said that the Vikings should play Favre as long as he is able to play the game. I think he has shown us that he is a detriment to the team 10 games into the season. Why blow the season with six games to go? With how weak the NFC is, if they run the table a wild card berth might not be out of the question.

Tracee Hamilton: When Sally takes the paddle to you, you feel it. I hope she never gets mad at me! (Inside joke for Sally: "You're so pretty.") It was Dungy who said he would keep playing him because he gives you the best chance to win, and I have to respect Dungy's opinion. That said, I'm not sure that's true anymore. And as you said, the NFC is weak so they could conceivably make a run. It must be horrible to be Tavaris Jackson.

That's MR. Loaf, please: Instead of having your meat loaf fall apart--as it probably will if you have to monkey with the recipe--you can get the stuff to hold together simply by making meatballs instead. I even cooks faster, although it's harder to wrap the bacon around it.

Tracee Hamilton: Naw, I've got a great recipe and it never falls apart. It's one of the few things I can cook. And we save the bacon for the top of the baked beans. Mmmmm.

Two More Baseball Books: "Willie's Time" by Charles Einstein"Sandy Koufax" by Jane Leavy"October 1964" by David Halberstam"The Teammates: A Portrait of a Friendship" also by Halberstam - this one is a sentimental favorite. It's about Johnny Pesky, Dom DiMaggio ("He's better than his brother Joe, Dominic DiMaggio"), Bobby Doerr and their friendship with each other and with Ted Williams. This is an examination of lifelong friendships that started on the Red Sox in the late thirties/early forties, running through two wars, and up to old age. It's a must.Happy Thanksgiving, Tracee, and thanks for toughing it out and running the Chat even on the day before T-Day

Tracee Hamilton: Thanks for more titles. There are so many great baseball books. Maybe we need to have a Hamiltime Book Club in 2010.

Oh, before I forget...: Happy Thanksgiving, Tracee.

Tracee Hamilton: And before I forget, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I am thankful for all of you and your good cheer and good humor. Talk to you Monday!

© 2010 The Washington Post Company

Discussion Archive

Viewpoint is a paid discussion. The Washington Post editorial staff was not involved in the moderation.

Network News

X My Profile