washingtonpost.com
Video: 'Top Chef All-Stars' analysis

Joe Yonan,Bonnie Benwick
Thursday, February 10, 2011; 11:30 AM

Join Food Editors Joe Yonan and Bonnie Benwick as they dissect this week's episode of Bravo's 'Top Chef All-Stars.'

Fabio: Did you ever get his cacciatore recipe?

Top Chef: All Stars Judging Last Night: I thought Jimmy Fallon was all over the place with what he wanted. On the one hand he wanted Richard to bring out the blow torch and go non-traditional with Ramon noodles; on the other hand Tifanny was criticized for not going traditional with her chicken and dumplings. There seemed to be no consistency in the judging. Fabio's parting words were very sweet. It was hard to see him go....Thanks! (you two should have your own show!)

Hurray for Carla!: She was a little crazy last night but it paid off. I'm always glad to see her style of simple but delicious (plus love) get the praise it deserves. Some of these chefs tend to over complicate their dishes and Carla's win last night just goes to show you that less is always more.

Cheez Wiz: That cheese sauce Fabio made looked like the neon stuff you find on gas station nachos. That alone was the nail in his coffin.

Hamburger Helper?: What do you think of chefs helping each other like Richard telling Antonia to use the pressure cooker? Should they help one another or not?

Home style cooking: I want to see remarkable fine dining All-Star food. As wonderful as Carla's chicken pot pie and Angelo's unusual spice on his pulled pork, I would rather see something more exciting. In general I am becoming bored with this season and don't really care who wins like I have with other seasons.

Predictions for final four: Rumor has it there's someone quite unexpected in the final four: Tiffany? Mike Isabella?

We need new challenges on the show: If you were a Top Chef producer for this season, what kind of challenges would you have put them through? The show started out with some interesting challenges and twists, but now it's so predictable and lame.

LAST QUESTION: What do Muppets know about food?: LAST QUESTION: Is it going to be some sort of childhood nutrition push next week? Bor-ing.

Post a Comment

Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.

© 2011 The Washington Post Company