Video: 'Top Chef All-Stars' analysis

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
Joe Yonan,Bonnie Benwick
Thursday, February 17, 2011; 11:30 AM

Join Food Editors Joe Yonan and Bonnie Benwick as they dissect this week's episode of Bravo's 'Top Chef All-Stars.'

Bye, Bye Angelo: I was actually very sad to see him go...I found him to be much warmer and human this time around. What did you two think?

Dale will win: Dale is on a winning streak and with Angelo out of the competition the ones to beat are now Blais, Carla and Mike Isabella. Isabella, stated that he sees Angelo as a friend that he will cherish from the competition. Can you ask Mike next time he is at the Post what if any new techniques did he learn from his fellow competitors such as Angelo who is more asian style compared to Mike's mediterrean style?Thanks!

Wouldn't it be cool if.....: ... in next week's challenge, they eliminated TWO people, but allowed the exiled cheftestants to do a challenge that would put one of them back into competition?

Paula Deen? REALLY?: I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but what the heck, Bravo? Paula Deen? When there are so many other deserving chefs and food personalities who would be awesome on the show? Barf.

Guys vs. girls: Your writer brought up an interesting point: that the men are far less gracious when a woman wins, but that when a male chef wins a challenge, everyone's happy. I hadn't noticed it before, but that *is* what happens. Do you agree?

Showcase Culinary Ability: Do you think these most recent challenges on 'Top Chef' are allowing the cheftestants to showcase their culinary ability? I mean these past two elimination challenges have featured food that people can get everyday (i.e., cheeseburger, grilled cheese and tomato soup, etc.) Yawn! Who hasn't used their iron to cook their food?!

All-Star Never-Rans?: In thinking about this season's all-star cast, are there other finalists from previous seasons you wish had been in this cast? How might Kevin Gillespie fared? Stefan Richter? Sam Talbot? Betty Fraser?

Angelo: Do you think judges do (or should) consider previous challenges when deciding who to send home? Tiffany has been bad the whole season; Angelo has been pretty great. Seems silly to send the guy home when both he and Tiffany made bad dishes.

© 2011 The Washington Post Company

Discussion Archive

Viewpoint is a paid discussion. The Washington Post editorial staff was not involved in the moderation.

Network News

X My Profile