» This Story:Read +|Watch +| Comments

Federal assistance to trade workers

U.S. workers who lose their jobs because of foreign competition or their positions moving offshore may receive aid from a federal program called Trade Adjustment Assistance. Between Oct. 1, 2006 and Sept. 30, 4,746 TAA certifications covering an estimated 474,761 workers were issued.

This Story
In N.C., damage not easily mended
Article | HICKORY, N.C. -- The expansion of global trade may enrich the United States, as economists say, but it has overwhelmed this manufacturing area beside the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Network News

X Profile
View More Activity
» This Story:Read +|Watch +| Comments
© 2009 The Washington Post Company