Most Viewed Cookie Recipes
Since the Recipe Finder database launched in March 2007, cookies have been among the most popular recipes. These cookies top the list of most-viewed desserts.
1. Salted Oatmeal Cookies. This cookie is all about the oats, without much spice to interfere with their earthy taste.
2. All-Purpose Nearly Normal Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe yields a thin, crisp cookie with the slightly gooey texture of the famed Toll House variety.
3. Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bars. This family recipe comes from Cooking for One writer and marathon-runner Tracy Dahl.
4. Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies. This is adapted from the recipe Mrs. Bush submitted to Family Circle's cookie bakeoff during the 2000 presidential campaign.
5. Anzac Biscuits. These oatmeal-coconut cookies with an addictively crispy-chewy texture get their name from their proliferation in World War I care packages for members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
6. Bookstore Cafe Apricot Squares. These squares are made up of a light tartlike pastry base with a tangy, bright apricot filling, then shredded frozen dough on the top and a dusting of confectioners' sugar to finish.
7. Grasshopper Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Creme de menthe provides a subtle hint of mint and pale green color in these easy cookies. Drizzle chocolate on top to dress them up.
8. Cranberry Oat Bars. Sturdy, hearty and fruit-filled, these are great for shipping.
9. Caramel Swirl Hunks. These hefty cookies are beefed up with chocolate chips and pools of dulce de leche.
10. Quick No-Bake S'mores Bars. These feature the typical s'more ingredients (plus nuts and chocolate chips for crunch) in convenient bar cookie form.
11. Almond Buttons. These small nut-based cookies look artful but are easy to assemble.