•AUDIO: Behind the "Living HIV Quilt"
The Condoms? Please, Take One, (Post, Dec. 1, 2006)
Bush: AIDS Pandemic 'Can Be Defeated', (AP, Dec. 1, 2006)
Readers' Comments:Fight the ignorance, people! Roll up your sleeves for a vaccine trial or a medication study! Teach your children honestly about sexuality and protecting their bodies and their lives!
-- bigolpoofter | December 1, 2006
We MUST talk about this; it's just not going to go away on its own. Talk to your friends, parents, co-workers...anyone that will listen.
From the Post Archives:
• Immunity Systems Linked to Ailment Afflicting Gay Men (Post, Dec. 11, 1981)
• AIDS Curbs Sought in Prisons (Post, Nov. 4, 1985)
• Women With AIDS Get A Place of Their Own (Post, Aug. 4, 1987)
• Protest Asks Condoms for D.C. Inmates (Post, April 9, 1993)
• AIDS Chief in D.C. Quits After 6 Months (Post, June 23, 1994)
• Death Without Dignity in D.C. Jail (Post, July 15, 1995)
• AIDS's Somber Reminder (Post, Dec. 1, 1999)
• HIV-Positive, Without a Clue (Post, Aug. 4, 2003)
• Stuck on Prevention (Post, Sept. 26, 2004)
• The Pessivist (Post, May 9, 2005)
• Once at Front Line of AIDS War, District Is Now Fighting Blind (Post, March 26, 2006)
Design by Nelson Hsu, Videos by Jennifer Crandall - washingtonpost.com.
Photos courtesy of Jose Antonio Vargas, Washington Post; Charlene Cotton, Kirk Dudley, Joel Iglesias Valera, Seth Cloutman, Joshua Murray, Stanley Richmond, Mark Hoffmeyer, Chris Rothermel, Margot Issac, Rick Rose, Joshua Sacks, Tim Tate and Angela Heard
Editors: Tanya N. Ballard, washingtonpost.com; Marcia Davis, Washington Post
Reporter: Jose Antonio Vargas, Washington Post