Bill Idea & Drafting | Introduction | Evaluation | Citizen Involvement | Passage
Citizens may attend public hearings to observe the legislative process or to testify before committee members about proposed legislation. Times, locations and contact information for public hearings are listed, by committee, on the Md. General Assembly's Committee Hearing Schedule.
Citizens wishing to testify must sign a witness sheet that is available in each committee room before the hearing begins. Written testimony must be received by committee staff prior to the hearing.
- Keep your testimony brief and concise.
- Obtain the latest version of the bill through Maryland's Bill Tracker.
- Avoid making the same point made by previous speakers.
- Be prepared to answer lawmakers' questions.
- Bring typed copies of your remarks.
Next Step: Passage »
Source: Md. Department of Legislative Services
Kamille Whittaker - washingtonpost.com
© 2005 The Washington Post Company