Official Resources for Federal Workers
Commercial & Nonprofit Resources
- The Plum Book: The book of "Policy and Supporting Positions" catalogues all the jobs that the White House can fill outside civil service rules.
- Locality Pay Tables: The U.S. Office of Personnel Management offers the 1998 locality pay tables, including those for the Washington and Baltimore area.
- Per Diem Rates: The 1998 chart from the General Services Administration, organized by state.
- Federal Holidays: The official list.
- Metropolitan Area Reemployment Project : A joint effort between Maryland, Virginia, D.C. and OPM to help displaced federal workers in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- RIF Guide: The official "Reduction In Force Benefits Guide."
- Survival Guide: A guide by federal workers for surviving in an era of downsizing.
- Job Center: The U.S. government's official site for jobs and employment information. Hosted by the Office of Personnel Management.
- Retirement: The Civil Service Retirement System and the Federal Employees Retirement System.
- Training Mall: FedWorld's central training center to allow U.S. government workers to identify and register for instruction on-line.
- OPM: Index of everything available at the Office of Personnel Management Web site.
- AFGE: The AFL-CIO
American Federation of Government Employees, a large labor union.
- Public Employees Roundtable: An educational coalition of more than 30 groups representing public employees and retirees.
- NARFE: The National Association of Retired Federal Employees.
- National Treasury Employees Union: An independent federal-sector labor union.
- Club Fed: The electronic edition of the Federal Employees News Digest.
- Government Executive Magazine: A monthly business magazine serving senior executives and managers in the federal government.