Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) thanks supporters at the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver. (AP-Chris Carlson)
DENVER - In front of more than 80,000 people at Invesco Field, Barack Obama accepted the Democratic presidential nomination | Obama's Remarks
VIDEO | Sen. Obama's campaign manager speaks to The Washington Post about the imagery of the stage during Obama's speech at Invesco Field in Denver, the magnitude of the election, and not caring about national polls.
VIDEO | The founder of Black Entertainment Television (BET) speaks to the Washington Post's Howard Kurtz and David Maraniss about the factor of race in Sen. Barack Obama's popularity on the Post's live show.
VIDEO | The Washington Post's executive editor speaks with Howard Kurtz and David Maraniss on why certain images in presidential campaigns resonate with voters.
Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), Nominee
This moment — this election — is our chance to keep, in the 21st century, the American promise alive.
Former VP Al Gore
The same policies, those policies, all over again? Hey, I believe in recycling, but thats ridiculous.
Gov. Tim Kaine (D-Va.)
Faith is more of words than doctrine. It is about action.
ALL AUG 28 SPEAKERS +
Members of Congress
- Obama campaign manager David Plouffe
- Obama campaign Colorado director Ray Rivera
- Retired Air Force Maj. Gen. J. Scott Gration
- Michigan Teamster Roy Gross
- Obama volunteer Monica Early
- Small business owner Janet Lynn Monacco
- Public school worker Teresa Asenap
- Nurse Pamela Cash-Roper
- Indiana plant worker Barney Smith
- Rabbi David Saperstein
- Democratic National Committee Vice-Chairs Mark Brewer, Linda Chavez-Thompson, Mike Honda, Lottie Shackelford and Susan W. Turnbull
- Denver Host Committee President Elbra Wedgeworth
- Rev. Bernice King and Martin Luther King III
- Former Vice President Al Gore
- Susan Eisenhower, granddaughter of President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Wounded Iraq War veteran John Kuniholm
- Rhodes Scholar and veteran Wes More
- Best-selling author Nathaniel Flick
- Pastor Joel Hunter
- Marine John Estrada
(Source: Democratic National Convention)