Washington Post-ABC News PollThe Washington Post
Wednesday, July 5, 2006
This Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone June 7-11, 2006 among 1,000 randomly selected adults nationwide. Margin of sampling error for overall results is plus or minus three percentage points. Sampling error is only one of many sources of error in this or any other public opinion poll.
Fieldwork by TNS of Horsham, PA.
*= less than 0.5 percent
1. Now thinking about national politics: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable impression of Condoleezza Rice?
52% Favorable 27 Unfavorable 21 No opinion
Would you say your favorable/unfavorable view is based mostly on the policies she has supported, mostly on your view of her professional abilities, or mostly on how you feel about her personally?
AMONG THOSE WHO HAD A FAVORABLE VIEW: 20 Mostly on the policies she has supported 58 Mostly on your view of her professional abilities 9 Mostly on how you feel about her personally 8 (VOL) All of the above 1 (VOL) Other/Something else 4 No opinion AMONG THOSE WHO HAD AN UNFAVORABLE VIEW: 55 Mostly on the policies she has supported 21 Mostly on your view of her professional abilities 10 Mostly on how you feel about her personally 3 (VOL) All of the above 4 (VOL) Other/Something else 7 No opinion
3. If Condoleezza Rice runs for president in 2008, would you definitely vote for her, would you consider voting for her, or would you definitely not vote for her?
10 Definitely vote for her 44 Would consider voting for her 34 Would definitely not vote for her 11 No opinion
4. All in all, considering the costs to the United States versus the benefits to the United States, do you think the war with Iraq was worth fighting, or not?
38 Worth fighting 52 NOT worth fighting 10 No opinion
5. How much responsibility do you think Condoleezza Rice bears for the way the war in Iraq has gone: a lot, some, only a little, or none at all?
10 A lot 32 Some 26 Only a little 17 None at all 15 No opinion
901. Generally speaking, do you usually think of yourself as: (READ LIST)
32 A Democrat 30 A Republican 31 An Independent 6 Or what? 1 No opinion