Answer these eight questions and see how much you know about the rules for removing federal officials from office.
2. Who serves as the prosecution in a Senate impeachment trial?
The Speaker of the House
Managers chosen by the House
The Senate Majority Leader
The Attorney General
3. Which congressional leader said in January 1998 that impeachment "has to elicit bipartisan support" or it is doomed?
4. How many articles of impeachment did the House Judiciary Committee approve against Richard Nixon?
5. How long did Andrew Johnson's Senate impeachment trial last?
6. When were the Senate's rules for impeachment trials written?
7. Who was the most recent federal official to be impeached, prior to President Clinton? Richard Nixon
8. Which of the following dates is the earliest on which Vice President Al Gore could assume the presidency and still be eligible to serve two full terms?
December 31, 1999
December 31, 2000
January 1, 1999
January 21, 1999
© Copyright 1998 The Washington Post Company
Back to the top