By Daniel Bromwich
Thursday, June 3, 2004
Test your knowledge of Triple Crown trivia.
2) Who was the first horse to win the Triple Crown?
3) Which is the oldest of the three legs of the Triple Crown?
All began at the same time
4) What is the distance of the Belmont Stakes?
5) Everybody remembers the winner of the Kentucky Derby but scant attention is paid to second place. Who earned a "place" in history at the Kentucky Derby last year?
6) Where was the inaugural race of the Belmont Stakes held?
7) What is the lowest place a horse has finished at the Belmont in its attempt for a Triple Crown?
8) What is the theme song traditionally sung at Belmont Park before the race?
New York, New York
N.Y. State of Mind
America the Beautiful
New York's My Home
9) The first winner of the Preakness Stakes shared its name with a current reality television show. What was the name of the 1873 winner?
10) How many horses have won the Triple Crown?