By Dan Hargett
Web Posted: Monday, Oct. 11, 2004; 4:03 a.m. EDT
2) What did ESPN analyst Joe Theismann remark after watching Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders manhandle Redskins' receiver Taylor Jacobs on one particular first-period pass play?
"Do the rules not apply to Deion?"
"What do you have to do to get a flag thrown in the NFL?"
"Does he get an exempt pass at age 37?"
"He could star in his own movie: Fist Full of Jersey."
3) Which unfortunate Redskin offensive player got housed in the first quarter by Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis?
4) According to know-it-all sideline reporter Suzy Kolber, what did Ray Lewis have to say about fellow former U. of Miami player Clinton Portis?
"He has a lot of gall talking trash to me."
"He has a lot to learn before he becomes a quality NFL player."
"He needs to tuck his jersey in and act like a pro."
"I wouldn't let him shimmy my fleet of Hummers."
5) Speaking of Kolber, what phrase did she unearth Sunday night that brought to mind a certain former coach who we'd like to erase from our collective minds?
"Pitch it and catch it."
"Coach 'em up."
"We competed out there."
"The good news is I have a plan."
6) Which of the following ungodly statistics to come out of Sunday night's game is inaccurate on the Redskins side of the ledger?
Averaged 1.7 yards per pass
Averaged 2.0 yards per rush
2-for-17 on third down conversions
Mark Brunell's 83 net yards passing
7) Baltimore's Kyle Boller was equally as inept as Brunell on Sunday night with 81 net yards passing and three interceptions. Which of the following players might have the Ravens have selected instead of Boller the year he was drafted?
WR Anquan Boldin
QB Byron Leftwich
DB Marcus Trufant
QB Patrick Ramsey
8) What audible flub did ESPN's Mike Patrick make in the fourth quarter before adroitly correcting himself?
Referred to Clinton Portis as "Benji"
Referred to the Redskins as "Jacksonville"
Used the phrase "jail break" on a Jamal Lewis run
Wondered what Mark Brunell "had been smoking"
9) How many of Deion Sanders's 49 career interceptions came as a member of the Washington Redskins?
10) Ravens punt and kick returner B.J. Sams became the third player in NFL history since 1980 to return a punt for a touchdown in back-to-back weeks. Who were the other two?
Mike Nelms and Brian Mitchell
Brian Mitchell and Santana Moss
Chad Morton and Santana Moss
Santana Moss and Dante Hall
11) Which of the following images or phrases best describes the Redskins' season to this point as well as their prospects for the next 11 weeks?