U.S. Open Trivia Quiz
By Doug Ferguson
Web Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004; 1:21 p.m. EDT
2) Who was the last European to win the U.S. Open?
3) What club did Corey Pavin hit into the 18th green to clinch the 1995 U.S. Open?
4) Nine players have won three legs of the career Grand Slam. Which one is missing only the U.S. Open?
5) Which player either won or was runner-up eight times during a nine-year span?
6) Name the only player to lose three U.S. Open playoffs.
7) Who is the oldest player to make the cut in a U.S. Open?
8) Who is the only player to shoot 63 in a U.S. Open and still not win?
9) Jack Nicklaus holds the record for playing in 44 consecutive U.S. Opens. Who is second with 33?
10) Who was the last player to win a U.S. Open with a 72-hole score over par?
Andy North at Cherry Hills
Hale Irwin at Winged Foot
David Graham at Oakland Hills
11) Which player recorded the highest score on a single hole in the U.S. Open?
John Daly on No. 18 at Pebble Beach
John Daly on No. 8 at Pinehurst No. 2
Ray Ainsley on No. 16 at Cherry Hills
12) Who is the only player to finish under par in three straight U.S. Opens?