Hu comes to Washington (Jan. 18 to 21)
News and analysis on the visit of Chinese President Hu Jintao
Wednesday's state visit by Chinese President Hu Jintao was international diplomacy's version of playing nice: kind words, heartfelt promises and agreeing to disagree.
- Q&A recap: Post-state dinner analysis
- Reliable Source: Fashion at the White House
- Photos: Glamour on the red carpet | State dinner
- Video: Obama's state dinner toast | Hu's toast
- Video: The red carpet | First lady's dress
- How the event unfolded on Twitter
- Reliable Source: Who was on the guest list?
- The state dinner program | Seating charts
Hu Jintao called Thursday for deeper engagement with the United States on a broad range of issues, warning that only by working together in some areas and respecting national differences in others will the two nations avoid friction in the years ahead.