On Nov. 2 voters will go to the polls to decide which party will control the House, the Senate and the nation's governorships. We are monitoring all 50 states, keeping track of the results and the potential for a power shift. Read the overview.
The Fifty States: Election Preview (Nov. 2, 2010)
- » FULL STORY: Republicans poised to make gains
- » MID-ATLANTIC: In Delaware Senate race, potential tie-breaker
- » NORTHEAST: McMahon appears to be down for the count
- » MIDWEST: It's a Feingold rush in the Badger State
- » SOUTH: Tough calls in Florida from south to panhandle
- » PLAINS: Lone Dem in trouble in North Dakota
- » THE ROCKIES: Chances for Democratic Gains in Colorado
- » SOUTHWEST: Will a star be born in New Mexico?
- » PACIFIC: Tall orders in California
CREDITS: Map by Laris Karklis, Alyson Hurt, and Mark Luckie of The Washington Post | Published November 2, 2010