The decision was a surprise from a court whose conservative majority had signaled it was suspicious of prioritizing race over traditional redistricting techniques.
canada wildfire smoke
- 5:40 p.m.Despite haze, climate advocates protest Mountain Valley Pipeline outside White House
- 5:20 p.m.How surging smoke from Canada is tied to extreme heat wave in Puerto Rico
- 5:00 p.m.How climate change skeptics are responding to the Canada wildfires
IN THE DMV
- 5:29 p.m.The head of Ukrainian-controlled Kherson, Oleksandr Prokudin, described four separate instances of shelling in the region...
- 5:21 p.m.Eight people were injured after rockets hit Uman, in the Cherkasy region of central Ukraine on...
- 4:58 p.m.Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in his regular nightly address did not mention the ongoing counteroffensive in...
The unprecedented and accidental experiment that was the coronavirus pandemic allowed the ecologists to see how quickly other creatures can alter their behavior when we aren’t bothering them.
I can ignore the countdown-to-registration camp emails because my kids are over it. But I can’t take three months off. This work pays our bills.
After more than 1,000 arrests from the Jan. 6 riot, threat of political violence remains stubbornly present
More than two years into a historic prosecution of U.S. Capitol attackers, reviews are mixed on what the Justice Department accomplished.
He battled environmentalists and offended even some allies with the uninhibited rhetoric that ultimately drove him to resign.
2024 GOP PRIMARY
For YouRecommended stories
Well+BeingNews and advice to live well every day
ClimateExpanded coverage of a changing planet