On Parenting: advice

Posted at 03:00 PM ET, 10/31/2012

Family Almanac: When he loves her not

How to keep a 14-year-old’s first crush from consuming her.

By On Parenting  |  03:00 PM ET, 10/31/2012 |  Permalink  |  Comments ( 0)
Tags:  Family Almanac, parenting, advice

Posted at 03:00 PM ET, 10/03/2012

Momspeak: In parenting, the ‘5 percent’ moments are what matter

About 95 percent of what we do as parents is a necessary grind; it’s the other 5 percent that really matters.

By Tracy Grant  |  03:00 PM ET, 10/03/2012 |  Permalink  |  Comments ( 0)
Tags:  Tracy Grant, advice, parenting

Posted at 11:00 AM ET, 11/27/2011

America’s Supernanny: New Lifetime show brings advice from a nearby mom

A sneak peek of parenting techniques featured on “America’s Supernanny,” starring Virginia mom Deborah Tillman. The new Lifetime show premieres Tuesday, Nov. 29.

By Janice D'Arcy  |  11:00 AM ET, 11/27/2011 |  Permalink  |  Comments ( 0)
Tags:  Parenting advice, Lifetime's Supernanny

Posted at 01:31 PM ET, 10/20/2011

Expert Advice: Sports injury prevention

Dr. James Kinderknecht, a sports medicine physician from New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery, shared the top questions he fields every year from parents and — better — his answers.

By Janice D’Arcy  |  01:31 PM ET, 10/20/2011 |  Permalink  |  Comments ( 0)
Tags:  Expert Advice, sports injury

Posted at 07:00 AM ET, 10/17/2011

Why Washington parents don’t ‘ask their mothers’ for advice on raising kids

Many local parents have difficulty asking their parents for advice on raising kids.

By Janice D'Arcy  |  07:00 AM ET, 10/17/2011 |  Permalink  |  Comments ( 0)
Tags:  Medical advice

Posted at 02:48 PM ET, 10/13/2011

Expert advice: Pregnancy and exercise

Jennifer Middleton, owner of the D.C. franchise of Stroller Strides, lists five things pregnant women should keep in mind when working out.

By Janice D’Arcy  |  02:48 PM ET, 10/13/2011 |  Permalink  |  Comments ( 0)
Tags:  expert advice, pregnancy and exercise, Stroller Strides, pregnancy and marathon