The decision was a surprise from a court whose conservative majority had signaled it was suspicious of prioritizing race over traditional redistricting techniques.
canada wildfire smoke
- 11:15 a.m.Unprecedented Code Purple alert issued for D.C. as smoke pollution sets records
- 10:50 a.m.See wildfire smoke creep from Canada into the U.S. in satellite images
- 10:42 a.m.D.C. air is worse today, and these pictures prove it
IN THE DMV
- 11:14 a.m.Nearly 2,200 people have been evacuated from flood-affected areas on the Ukrainian-controlled side of the Dnieper...
- 11:05 a.m.Ukraine’s deputy defense minister, Hanna Maliar, said on Telegram that Russian troops are “actively on the...
Google is cracking down on remote work, while Salesforce is donating to charity for every day workers come in from June 12 to 23.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) admitted he was “blindsided” by the rebuke, but insisted the Republican caucus would emerge stronger.
2024 GOP PRIMARY
For YouRecommended stories
Well+BeingNews and advice to live well every day
ClimateExpanded coverage of a changing planet